Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Benton - RIP

Mig

Update from Todd Jarrett:

John Benton has passed away peacefully yesterday in the arms of his wife Lynda. He loved life to the bitter end as he reminded me to never quit. Should be an inspiration to us all. "Grand Master Benton has left the range!" There will be a memorial for John but no arrangement at this time. If you would like to send a card/note to Lynda Benton. My PO Box 337, Prince George, Va. 23875

Edited by Mig

Sad news.

John seemed to always be in a great mood and he had a really good sense of humor. I did not shoot with him often but it was great to squad with him. He was a fantastic shooter but he seemed really humble about it and went out of his way to make the newer (or in my case, slower) guys still feel welcome. Sorry to hear about this sad news. Godspeed John - you will be missed.

There will be a celebration of John Benton's life on March 8, 2014, from 2 - 5 PM at:

Monaghan Funeral Home

7300 Creighton Parkway

Mechanicsville, VA 23111

The family is asking that those wishing to attend please RSVP by Friday, February 28 so we will have a head count to plan for food needed. Please RSVP to: hd1deuce@comcast.net and please put "RSVP" in the subject line.

post-1359-0-23269100-1393361640_thumb.jp

Edited by Mig