Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Craig N

Gun Breakage Question

Is there a rule that covers when you can and can't take a few test shots if you discover you have a loose sight screw or have lost a screw when you take your gun outta the case/sleeve or if you lose a rear sight during the course of fire? I know you can go to the safety area and change out parts if one breaks and test say a thumb safety or a trigger.

Is there a rule that covers when you can and can't take a few test shots if you discover you have a loose sight screw or have lost a screw when you take your gun outta the case/sleeve or if you lose a rear sight during the course of fire? I know you can go to the safety area and change out parts if one breaks and test say a thumb safety or a trigger.

It depends.I know of no rule against it. I would say that it is up to the match officials. At a level 1 match, the RO or the RM could let you go at it. If it is a major match and they do not have an area for test firing, you may be out of luck. In short, you may be able to, but don't count on it.

Later,

Chuck

You can usually find a range that has a bit of down time that will let you fire a few rounds at a rock or maybe a target. I've never see anyone refused when they have asked.

on the first day of a two day match in Arkansas I lost my zero. match officials let me re-zero my sight before the match started on day 2

Some of the bigger matches may have a designated Range set aside for sighting in they will also have staff there.

As long as you have permission, a clear range and an RO you will be able to.

Just don't go to an extra range and try it without an RO being with you.

Some of the bigger matches may have a designated Range set aside for sighting in they will also have staff there.

That would be a costly mental error right there. End that day realll quick.

That would be a costly mental error right there. End that day realll quick.

last year at nats they had a bay no ro necasary