Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Offset irons on rifle - left handed shooter

darkvibe

I want a set of offset iron sights but as a lefty I would have to put them on the left side of the gun and roll the gun ejection port down to use them. Then with my right arm near the ejection port, i worry about the brass bouncing off my forearm and back into the ejection port.

Anyone a lefty and have offset irons on their rifle? How does it work?

After shooting some 3-gun I see this as a place i can really pick up some speed.

Put a Left-eject upper on it and your problem is solved! Other than that, you will just have to adjust your hold technique until you have a comfortable steady hold without obscuring the ejection port. But I think lefty upper is your best bet. All you really have to change out is the barrel extension, stripped upper receiver, and bolt. Stag makes all 3 parts

IMHO right side eject uppers are actually made for us leftys...

I have had no bounce back issues, but have had the occasional empty case land in the crease of my inner elbow. leave it there too long and it makes a nice bottle neck case brand...a long sleeved shirt will help.

jj

I have been running them that way for a couple of years and have never had an issue to include shooting under really low barricades or cars. RiggerJJ make a REALLY good point about the long sleeve shirt as I have a couple of those little marks he describes.