Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

air soft holsters

mannparks

From what I have seen is that those geared towards airsoft are cheap chinese knockoffs.

That being said there are people out there who wield that kind of equipment with great skill.

But you usually get what you pay for so don't expect DAA racemaster quality.

Roll over on it a time or see and see what breaks off. A bud of mine has really good name brand kydex carriers for IDPA and every time there is a lay down and roll over type stage he takes his off because he can hear it crack. I'd say those in the link would break off at the contact point between the body of the mag pouch and the hanger.

I (kinda?) have a basic Taurus 92WE, a 1911WE and a Big BirdWE, all of which perfectly fit the quality holsters of the real world guns that the air soft guns were made to copy. With this said, I would guess that for many models, an airsoft holster is the same as any other holster made to fit the real world gun that the air soft gun is copied from??? Not sure how universal this statement is as Wally World has some really cheap looking air soft models.

To answer your question, No! The manufacturers do not support those types of holsters. They are cheap knock offs made in places like Hong Kong and Taiwan. They are not licenced or authorized by th designers or manufacturers. Basically it is intellectual property theft and copying of often patented items ( which neither of those things mean in those kinds of countries). Don't think you are getting anywhere near the same quality, and the people who spent the time on r&d are getting nothing from it. You see the ame thing with the knock off c-mores.

That being said, I am not totally against them. If saving a couple hundred bucks by buying one of those is the difference between someone starting shooting and not, go for it! In the long run you will want to upgrade and get better equip from the real deal from the resl companies. Many people dont have the funds to dump into gear for a sport they dont know if they are going to do seriously!

Lots of people wont agree with the last point, I am just looking at it realistically.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/171238848687?nav=SEARCH

This does not look like a cheep holster to me.

I'm confused.

are you serious!? it looks exactly like a cheap holster. cheap flash heavy plastic moldings. cheap materials. and the designs are 100% ripped off from makers like CR speed, ghost etc.

support the companies that design and stand behind their products and just buy the real thing. it's not like we are getting ripped off with holster prices.

that kit with a $30 belt, 3 cheapshit mag pouches and a blatant rip off of a ghost holster (but without the proper locking system, or the quality) costs you $140USD. you could buy a REAL ghost holster for that money.

so I would argue the copy product whilst being cheaper is actually worse 'value'.

Remember there is an airsoft category in IPSC and it could be aimed at that. Magpul has an airsoft line but I don't know of CR Speed or DAA having a separate line.

If you buy quality you can always resell it if you don't like it or USPSA, and not take much of a loss . If you can't spring for the brand name set up all at once, get a piece at a time. Get the holster and use whatever pouches you can find/borrow and use your every day belt.

the stuff on ebay is definitely not endorsed by ghost, or CR speed or DAA. they are straight out rip-offs. my biggest problem beyond the quality is the fact they are ripping off other peoples designs. they also give the genuine products a bad name as people buy the copies (which are inferior and often missing key features like the ghost for example) thinking it's original and then bad mouth the product.

I wasn't having a go at you personally mannparks. :) I just hate these ripoff products.