Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found Money

Lifeislarge

The other night Bill O'Reilly's Factor Tip of the Day was to check a couple of web sites for lost money. The first was http://www.missingmoney.com and the second was http://www.unclaimed.org. So I went on Missingmoney and did a search of all the cities that I'd lived in and lo and behold, there was my name listed under a city I had lived in ten years ago. I followed the claim procedure and was contacted today to provide some supporting documents (address verification and ID), and guess what.... I have a check on it's way for more than $250 but less than $500. Missingmoney linked me directly to the Provincial Department of Treasury that handles money that sits in escrow unclaimed.

I have no idea where the money came from, but I'm not complaining and should find out when the check arrives. When I first submitted my claim I was afraid I'd left a grand piano behind that I'd somehow forgotten about.... This is a total blessing and it was fun. Check it out!!!

I've been looking up my friends and family and have already located four more people verified by addresses. I feel like Santa Clause :cheers:

It could be $.01 or a life insurance policy, who knows??? All I know is that my bullet budget just got a healthy kick in the ass!!!

Found out my deceased mother had several safety deposit boxes... sent the link to my sister, the actual heir, to do the claim...we'll see what develops.

Wow!!! It only took me an hour to verify everything. Keep us posted and good luck!!!

Interesting. The state of NC says I have something from an address I lived at 20 years ago. I was dead broke back then, so I can't imagine it is much, but I'll fill out the forms to find out.

15 Years ago for me but it is over $100. Woot! I'm quittin my job!

The wife and I got a letter from an agency saying they would help us collect money from a former state we lived in. Their fee was 3% of the reclaimed money.

My wife went to that state's unclaimed assets web site and we now have around $2,200 come back and since she did it on her own we didn't have to pay the 3%.

Woohoo. We apparently were moved already 8 years ago and one of our stocks we didn't know about were paid out on a divestiture. That was a very large check just in time for the shooting season. Thanks for the post.

Edited by mike_pinto

I told one of my buddy's to check and he has $1409.00 coming, I couldn't convince him that I should get a 10% finders fee but he did say he would buy me a steak dinner at Longhorns. (after he receives the money)

Edited by birdzman

• 4 weeks later...