Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 922r Compliance

Bangheadhere

Why don't you ask the guys on Team Noveski if their shotguns are 922r compliant? The AMU is running the VersaMax. Heck, ask Taran if he sends out non-compliant M2s.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense. Willful violation is a whole other issue. Ever ask yourself why the M4 and SKS community is so well informed about 922r compliance but 3Gunners are not? Dig a little deeper before you kick it to the curb. Knowledge is power.

922® would not apply to the AMU. There is a broad exception to almost all of the "prohibited acts" of section 922 that would apply to firearms possessed by the AMU. See 18 U.S.C. § 925(a)(1). Additionally, any FFL "assembling" a firearm for the AMU would not be subject to the prohibition in 922®. See 18 U.S.C. § 922®(1).

The biggest problem with 922® is for the average person to know what is or is not importable under section 925(d)(3). As far as shotguns are concerned, ATF has published very little in an actual regulation or ruling indicating what features make a shotgun unimportable. As far as I know, the only published ruling concerns shotguns that met the feature test for a "Semi-automatic Assault Weapon" under federal law. There have been numerous letters to individuals indicating that an a 6+ round magazine alone is sufficient to make a shotgun unimportable.

Not even addressing the fact that almost every shotgun that can accept 4-5 3" shells can accept at least 6+ shells of some type of 12 gauge, I don't think these letters provide sufficient notice to the public without a published regulation or ruling.

All this being said, the compliance parts are cheaper than one billable hour for any attorney worth hiring, so I don't see a reason not to attempt to comply.

This post is not legal advice and should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship.

Edited by joshs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK-OK you guys put a bug in my head thinking I going to get busted for a 922r violation. Ii'll constantly be looking over my shoulder at the range for ATF agents geeeeeeez. Called Tom @ MOA placed my order for a disconnector and Fowler. $35.00 bucks for cheep insurance.

Your right Glockmeister; Now lets get work on doing a 25 cent trigger job, and hope that Wolf will start making Stoeger Competion Spring Kits, and will have a 2 to 3 lb trigger :)

Your right Glockmeister; Now lets get work on doing a 25 cent trigger job, and hope that Wolf will start making Stoeger Competion Spring Kits, and will have a 2 to 3 lb trigger :)

+1000, I hate the stock trigger. I will probably do a DIY trigger job but it would be nice if there is a "drop in (ish)" one in case I booger up the factory.

Yes. We can turn trigger groups around next day. Disconnectors are on the shelf. We have been working on the trigger hook geometry, and I think we have it figgered out. Requires that we re- case harden, but have one right now at 4lbs with a good reset. Gonna shoot the crud out of it and make sure the new theory is durable before making it standard. Re-cutting the hook angle allows trigger pulls under 5 lbs with MUCH more engagement than we can achieve with the set-screws alone. Decided to try it because we had one come in with a dead-soft trigger. Since it needed to be re-hardened or scrapped anyway, I thought we might as well test some different ideas. Will keep updating as info is available.

Thanks for the good word!

Tom

• 1 month later...

Decided to buy a couple of 922r compliant parts a Disconnector, and Fowller These 2 parts have laser engrave made in USA right on them. The parts were made by Tom of MOA Precission there top quality and function great. For me its cheap insurance, and peace of mind.

• 6 months later...

Do you all give certificates out that the guns are 922r?

That is the responsibility of the person who changes the parts on the gun, not the people who sell the parts which let one make it 922r compliant.

The new tubes for the M3000 from Carbon Arms, along with a Nordic follower, get you 922r compliant on the M3000. Plus they make the gun function like an entirely different animal. :)

Hey Mark, I read this whole thread and dont really understand it.
does the tube in your link replace the entire stock mag tube and does it keep the gun New Jersey legal?
Thanks man

The stock tube and all associated parts are replaced. Capacity is from 8-12 rounds. The are likely states where you can not add it to your shotgun.

Reliability, slug accuracy, ability to run low recoil loads, reduced maintenance are all improved with our tube.

Your mag tube is 922r compliant, and Way cool Carbon fiber look :goof: BUT straighter Barrel to receiver improves accuracy, any improvements to the inertia bolt system may allow for low recoil loads, reducing maintenance over a Nordic, or any magazine tube?