Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate limited glock?

3djedi

just picked up a G35..... and now someone tells me I could have shot a G20 in .40. Looks like there is plenty of aftermarket support for barrels, mag extensions, magwells, etc. For someone with large hands this sounds like the perfect option.

I would like to see pics if someone has a G20 with 6" slide that has been lightened.

Edited by chalkdust21

6pb2pt.jpg

j58pps.jpg

2n0rj2o.jpg

i have three limited glocks to choose from. G17 G34 G35

all are built identically with the same internals .

i'm still waiting for a heavy ice magwell for the 34 gen 4,other than that they're basically the same except my 35 sports LPA SPR adjustable sights instead of the 17 and 34 meprolight adjustable. i'm also waiting for a storm lake barrel for the 35.

tungsten guide rod

adjustable sights

Dawson heavy magwell

ti pin kit

ti slide stop

ZEV TECH fullcrum drop in

ZEV COMP spring kit

Taylor freelance brass +0 basepads.

Edited by sigsauerfan

absolutly. it muzzle flip quite less. add the Taylor -freelance brass base pads and it brings the gun weight bias front-rear much more balanced .

however, the point i'm still not so happy about is the ZEV TECH triggers , the break weight isn't what i'd like it to be , still heavy like probably 3.5- 4 pounds .i thought the break weight would be reduced, well, not so much and it's there where it hurts the most. with the weight addition and the better weight bias, a much lighter trigger would make these glocks pure winners. but anyhow the ZEV TECH FULLCRUM are a true + , very clean and crisp break , but nothing like my buddy's SVI trigger at 1 pound break weight lollll.

Edited by sigsauerfan

2.5-3lb is acheivable in a GLOCK but you need the good soft primers for reliability. Serious competitors with a GLOCK already know that.

I never was happy with the aftermarketd I used so I took it in a diff direction.

Posted Today, 01:44 PM

2.5-3lb is acheivable in a GLOCK but you need the good soft primers for reliability. Serious competitors with a GLOCK already know that.

I never was happy with the aftermarketd I used so I took it in a diff direction.

i'd really like to know how i could achieve a 2.5 lb trigger with my zev tech triggers,even with my OEM assembly....i sometimes remove my triggers to figure out where i can push the enveloppe with my dremel in hands, but i'm not sure enough to really go deeper in material removal seeking a lower break weight.

you seriously triggers my interest here LOL.....a lighter weight break is what is missing me . i find my limited glocks gets the right balance rear-front and overall weight the way they're mod'ed now.

the only part i haven't tried yet is the reduced striker spring,i know i'd need the extended striker to make sure i don't have light strikes....

Edited by sigsauerfan

I'm getting a crisp 2.75 lb pull with a Vanek super trigger, which includes the light striker and safety plunger spring. I added the heavy trigger spring and a Jager striker. I kind of expected it to be a little lighter, but it has been working pretty well for me so far..

you seriously triggers my interest here LOL.....a lighter weight break is what is missing me . i find my limited glocks gets the right balance rear-front and overall weight the way they're mod'ed now.

the only part i haven't tried yet is the reduced striker spring,i know i'd need the extended striker to make sure i don't have light strikes....

Then there is your problem. You can not run a stock 5.5lb striker spring and expect a smooth light trigger. As long as you are running good primers you should be ok but an extended tip striker is better insurance. A Complete ZEV fulcrum kit includes the striker I thought you said you were running the complete ZEV kit?

I'm getting a crisp 2.75 lb pull with a Vanek super trigger, which includes the light striker and safety plunger spring. I added the heavy trigger spring and a Jager striker. I kind of expected it to be a little lighter, but it has been working pretty well for me so far..

Charlie makes a great trigger and in my opinion is the only real competition we have in the drop in kit systems. Two things we beat them on is first price and second the fact that we can be ran in any division with one type kit, not a bunch of different kits for this or that.

Then there is your problem. You can not run a stock 5.5lb striker spring and expect a smooth light trigger. As long as you are running good primers you should be ok but an extended tip striker is better insurance. A Complete ZEV fulcrum kit includes the striker I thought you said you were running the complete ZEV kit?

sorry....i run the drop in version which doesn't includes the extended striker....now , i have to order

2 loll..it's my last attempt at getting a perfect trigger at least on par with some double stacks i tried, while i'm very happy with the over travel on all my limited guns. i'm now thinking very seriously on a SVI..in fact,i started to build my own ultimate limited gun on their gunbuilder system....of course, i'd like to get a trigger weight break approaching some of these SVI's . i would be super happy with a 2.5 lbs trigger for sure.

done, i've ordered 2 extended strikers from ZEV as well as an extended aluminum release i needed for my 17.....pfffft,now i can't see what i could add to my limited guns.....oh! maybe an upgrade to the thing hooked to the grip. LOL

sorry....i run the drop in version which doesn't includes the extended striker....now , i have to order

2 loll..it's my last attempt at getting a perfect trigger at least on par with some double stacks i tried, while i'm very happy with the over travel on all my limited guns. i'm now thinking very seriously on a SVI..in fact,i started to build my own ultimate limited gun on their gunbuilder system....of course, i'd like to get a trigger weight break approaching some of these SVI's . i would be super happy with a 2.5 lbs trigger for sure.

SVI is nice but wow to pricey there are other option like FGW and Phoenix Trinity

yep, i looked at them,not sure of their weight though. i like the Dawson heavy ice 5.5 effect on the balance of my long slides 34-35....maybe less effective on the 17 shorter bore. i also like the ice insert for the smooth insertion it provides even if i slam the mag in....could try the carver as well, ATM i swapp my Dawson ice between my 17 and 35.....

can't wait to get the extended strikers ,i hope it'll reduce the weight break as stated by ZEV. i think they advertize a full 1 pound removed on the break weight.

SVI is nice but wow to pricey there are other option like FGW and Phoenix Trinity

wheew. watched some of their guns, nice work . however,for the price asked, they're all based on STI's frames. then, it's all a matter of quality machining and fit + tuning.

in the sti custom based ranks, akai custom got my attention. i like the tyrant model. pretty much fully custom except the frame of course. but then again, for the price (starting at 4000) .i think i rather put an additional K and get a completely custom SVI.actually i'm waiting for a quote on my build. will see . if the price goes in insane levels, i might look at something else.

The frames are just frames in my opinion. SVI and STI are pretty much nill. After the patent expired now most manufactures are making their own frame. The money come in with the actual fitting ea part and 100% better QC than any production line 1911

Unless you get one of SVs metal grips then in my opinion they are all the same. You can get most builders to use an SV metal grip but I don't see a grip costing 5-800 bucks. That's stupid, not to mention the metal grip can deff screw you on a mis aligned mag change and lock up the gun it's doesn't give like the plastic. I'd buy a custom built or used custom built over factory STI any day.

Para started the wide body 1911 then spring field I believe (don't quote me lol)

The frames are just frames in my opinion. SVI and STI are pretty much nill. After the patent expired now most manufactures are making their own frame. The money come in with the actual fitting ea part and 100% better QC than any production line 1911

.ok.since you seems more versed in the 2011 field of knowledge than i am (i'm just starting to get a grip on the whole equation lol) ,i'd like to get an advice if you don't mind. SVI's excluded, i'm looking for the most accurate custom limited gun money can buy,but i seek also a good value price VS quality. from your experience , where should i start to look at??

sorry if the question sounds fugly,but yeah, i'm looking at semi,or fully custom but RELIABLE AND VERY ACCURATE GUNS, absolute accuracy being my first requirement.

Edited by sigsauerfan

Well ok why just limited 10? You in a restricted state? With that choice I would go with a short dust cover busing barrel that can be used in ESP as well and limited and limited 10. There are so many builders. Personally I like Bobby Keigans at FGW I like his no non sense attitude and will tell you if he thinks you are wasting money on a choice or not. A full dust cover is gonna keep you in limited/limited 10 (and open of course lol).

He can probably build you a short dust cover tri topped front and rear serrations stippled reduced and under cut poly grip on his new CK Arms frames (joint venture between he and Cheely) with with the SVI ITS trigger (interchangeable pads to adjust to what you want but I recommend either curved top or flat) you can save $100 there but just choosing the STI gunsmith fit and choose a profile (but then it permanent) and I would say itd be close to $2500-2700 and that is a fully cust built pistol with some options you can choose. He used to offer Antranite as a standard option (loved it)

Also if you are set on Limited 10 have you thought of a Single Stack with the Corey mags from Tripp? 10rd 40 mags that fit the box and then you can play in Limited 10/Single Stack/ESP. He can build a nice Single Stack or fix you up a Trojan...( I recant the Trojan and Spartan I would buy from STI, just refit the grip safety for better blending and Tri Topped)

• 3 weeks later...

I tried all kinds of parts combos, my favorite in the end was a glock 22 with an STI magwell I did some 'custom fitting' for, a wolff springs steel guide rod, wolff springs 14# recoil springs, arredondo extended baseplates for the mags, and a wolff springs trigger kit. I also polished all of the internal surfaces including rails, slide interior, barrel, and trigger parts using a dremel and very fine grit lapping compound. Overall this setup worked very well for me and I never had any reliability issues whatsoever.