Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate limited glock?

3djedi

I thinking of switching to a glock for uspsa limited. What would you consider to be the best upgrade parts to get? I definitely need help on getting a great trigger but what else would you get?

like titanium guide rod, heavy magwell, different recoil spring, base plug, which sights, mag extensions, etc.......It would be awesome if you can be brand specific so I can check them out!

I'm actually thinking of using this glock 35 for uspsa limited, IDPA ESP, and 3-gun......using .40 minor for idpa and 3-gun.....if I can make it work!

Another option is the glock 22 I guess.

I'm sure this has be beaten to death but I really do appreciate your input!

I am running:

Gen 4 G35

Zev SS guide rod

ISMI flat wire recoil spring, 15lb

Zev large insert brass magwell

glocktriggers.com "edge" drop-in trigger (with safety plunger, 4.5 striker spring)

Zev skeletonized/extended striker

Dawson FO front sight and serrated fixed rear sight

Dawson grip tape on grips

KKM Barrel

If I didn't live in NY I would run TTI mag extensions with the pin cut at an angle to clear the Zev magwell

Don't know if I would call my setup the "ultimate" limited glock but I have no desire to change anything on the gun.

Glock35.jpg

Edited by darkvibe

Why are you cutting or would you cut the pin on TTI pads? They get bumped a little yes but mine work just fine with my ZEV magwell. The pin even shifts a little in my production gun and the TTI production pads

The pin hit the magwell. I loosened up the screw that holds the pin and inserted the mag fully so the magwell pushed the pin down. The pin would be sticking out about 1/8" or more. I don't want a pin sticking out when I am slamming the mag into the gun so I cut the pins at an angle. I can post pics after work.

edit: are you running a gen 3 or gen 4 gun? I am on a gen 4. Maybe they are different if you are on a gen 3.

Edited by darkvibe

If i had unlimited funds and were looking to set up a limited Glock to my liking this is personally what i would do..

Gen 3 G35 or possibly the 24

Dawson serrated black adjustable rear w/ fiber optic front

KKM barrel

Zev Heavy brass magwell w/ the large brass insert

"DK custom trigger" from glockcustomtriggers.com

Stainless Steel guide rod

Take off the fingers grooves and wrap in griptape

Dawson or TTI ext basepads

#1 sights. Take your pick Dawson, TTI, Warren, Heine, etc.

#2 magwell. I prefer a Dawson ice because of the insert but there are more.

#3 SS guiderod. Again take your pick Zev, Jager, etc.

#4 trigger. I prefer a metal trigger so Zev or Glockstore. Also vanek, glocktriggers, have a smith cut you a nice one?

#5 basepads. I like dawsons just because but you have others. TTI, arredondo, taylor freelance. All are good.

This pretty much gets you a run of the mill limited ready glock.

My favorite addition to this is the SJC frame weight and *thumb rest [generic]*.

Try it and you will ... surprised.

I am shooting Limited minor with a G34 Gen-$. Zev Fulcrum Ultimate trigger, Zev aluminum magwell, Zev extended mag release. Warren sights (black rear red fiber front). Tarran Tactical +6 mag extensions. Built the identical rig for my wife. We have about a combined round count of 20k since June 2013 without a single issue.

1. DK Custom trigger kit and DK stipple job (if limited gun only)

2. I prefer Sevigny Rear with Dawson fiber front

3. Stormlake barrel

4. Jager extended guide rod (standard length if you are planning to shoot SSP)

5. Glockworx blue spring for minor

6. Dawson mag well if you want to use for idpa.

Jason Pratt

IDPA: A45403

USPSA: A78020

I'd like to hear more about the G20 with a .40 barrel feeling like you're shooting minor...and how you do that with a 6" slide and barrel? What about the G20 makes it so much easier on recoil? The size of it?

1) Dawson FO front sight (.100 width)

2) Sevigny Plain black rear sight

3) ISMI flat wire recoil spring (13 - 14lb)

4) Dawson Magwell

5) Tungsten Guide Rod

6) Zev (Glockworx) V4 connector

7) Zev (Glockworx) competition spring pack

8) Ejector housing with pre-travel and over-travel adjustments

Alibi: only issue i've had with the above is occasional light strikes. Moved to OEM firing pin spring and all is good...albeit a SLIGHT change in trigger pull weight, but not enough to go back and risk un-reliability.

Z-

I also like the large Glock frame size for my over the small frame size. It just seems to fit my hands better.

G20 with .40 barrel, G35, or G24 would be my choices (probably in that order)

One thing to note is that the G20 has the heaviest slide weight of any Glock to my knowledge. That might be why the recoil feels milder.

I'd like to hear more about the G20 with a .40 barrel feeling like you're shooting minor...and how you do that with a 6" slide and barrel? What about the G20 makes it so much easier on recoil? The size of it?

I think the slide weight matches the recoil of 40 major very well, to me shooting 175pf loads in the G20 feels similar to shooting 135pf loads in my G22 shooting 220pf loads in my G20 feels like shooting 175pf loads in my G22

for 6" options lone wolf has 6" slides with either a solid top or a cut out top (like a G17l,24,34,35,41) for Limited major I would use the open top to keep the weight similar to the regular slide that feels so good to me, if I was building one to shoot hot 10mm I would use the solid slide.

Mike