Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SuperChrono placed far downrange

Does anyone know if a SuperChrono will read accurately when placed way downrange, like 500 yds plus? I would like to get some velocities at distance for truing purposes and the SuperChrono seems like it would be less likely to get shot.

Not sure what a Super Chrono is, but, any will work at any range. The problem is that the odds of hitting it increase with every yard added.

And, of course, the bullet must pass through the proper area to have the velocity measured. :roflol:

Not sure what a Super Chrono is, but, any will work at any range. The problem is that the odds of hitting it increase with every yard added.

And, of course, the bullet must pass through the proper area to have the velocity measured. :roflol:

Might want to google superchrono. It's acoustic and in my opinion the only reason to have it is for placing it down range. It will work at ALMOST any range because it requires that the bullet still be supersonic. Additionally it'll read a 5ft x 3ft window so hopefully he can squeeze a couple through there.

For what it's worth at 600 it was within 20fps of a downrange prochrono digital and I ended up with the same numbers as truing with drop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...