Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hodgdon Reloading Web Page

BMartens

Has anyone tried the new Hodgdon web page? Evidently it was revised in the past couple of days and I had considerable trouble trying to pull up some pistol data. The new selections aren't bad at first glance but the printing function is completely different and not anything like in the past. Sometimes new and improved isn't.

Does Hodgdon manufacturer any powder?

Tom

Why can’t I find Hodgdon powders?

As you have seen, ammunition and reloading components – including all Hodgdon powders – are hard to find. Dealer shelves that used to hold cans of powder are empty. Here are answers to your questions straight from Hodgdon.

Q: Are you still making powders?

A: We are shipping more powder this year than we shipped last year. We are shipping as fast as the powder is available. The real problem why you are seeing empty shelves is demand. The demand for powder (and all ammunition and components) is far greater than the supply from the manufacturers. We just cannot make enough to feed this demand right now. No one wants to ship more during this time than we do.

Q: Are you still in business?

A: Yes, Hodgdon is here for the long haul. We are doing everything we can to supply our powders. Dealer’s shelves are empty because powders are being purchased as soon as they arrive at the Dealer’s stores.

Q: What is causing this high demand?

A: The current political climate can have the regulatory consequence of impacting law abiding, hard working shooters and hunters. This has caused extremely high demand on all shooting industry products resulting in empty shelves, long back-orders, and on-line auction sites asking exaggerated prices.

Q: I have seen/heard many rumors and conjecture on the cause of this powder shortage. A: If you do not hear it from Hodgdon Powder Company please don’t believe it.

Q: Is the shortage of reloading powder being caused by Hodgdon shipping their powder to the ammunition manufacturing companies?

A: No. While we do sell to some ammunition manufacturing companies, we continue to sell over 80% of our powder to handloaders just like you. Hodgdon has always been committed to the individual handloader.

Q: When will I start to see more powder on Dealer shelves?

A: This level of demand will not last forever. As soon as demand slows a little we will start making headway into our backlog.

Has anyone tried the new Hodgdon web page? Evidently it was revised in the past couple of days and I had considerable trouble trying to pull up some pistol data. The new selections aren't bad at first glance but the printing function is completely different and not anything like in the past. Sometimes new and improved isn't.

The loading data is definitely presented ion a different format. There is a button at the bottom of the page the allows you to email the data

Did you try that for printing?

Not resistant to change, resistant to it not working. Cannot use it at all on my smartphone. So what good is it if I'm in a store with certain powders available and I want to quickly look up if it's a viable alternative to what I'm loading? Always had complete access to it under the old site.