Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any luck with 650 bearing kits and RT1200 replacement blades from Ball

Was surfing ARFCOM and saw an ad from a company called "Ballistic Tools" selling bearing kits for the Dillon 650 and replacement cutter blades for the RT1200 brass-trimmer. Anyone dealt with them before? Want to check their gear and their reputation before I spend any money with them.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

The bearing is just a thrust bearing, it doesn't matter who you buy it from as long as it is a quality part.

NAPA even sells them.

bearing.jpg

good to know. What do you think about having them I both sides of the shell plate?

The bearing goes on top of the shell plate underneath the shell plate bolt. Underneath the shell plate there is a ball bearing that indexes the shell plate by slipping into the holes that are drilled in the shell plate. I don't think you would want anything underneath the shell plate because it would raise the shell plate up and possibly interfere with indexing.

The bearing goes on top of the shell plate underneath the shell plate bolt. Underneath the shell plate there is a ball bearing that indexes the shell plate by slipping into the holes that are drilled in the shell plate. I don't think you would want anything underneath the shell plate because it would raise the shell plate up and possibly interfere with indexing.

I guess you right.