Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha PDR Pro Holster Review (CZ Shadow)

sperman

I am not sure I follow what you mean about canting inwards towards you hip. you mean the top of the gun? look to see if the full bend in the kydex body is really required or if you can straighten it out a little. that will bring the rail to be more parallel and get you more range of adjustment.

I'm also having problems getting the holster close enough to meet the 2in mark. It seems I can only get it to be legal by raising it really high and tilting it as close as it will go to my body. This puts the gun in uncomfortable position for me. I even trying taking some of the bend out of the kydex by heating it up. It still didn't help. Any other ideas?

they are both totally different holsters. once is a kydex duty style comp holster and the other is a race style holster with muzzle platform.

what matches are you shooting? in IPSC or USPSA I don't believe there is a restriction on the type of holster (as long as it covers the trigger area of course) you can use in production, but for 3gun or IDPA that may not be the case.

I'm not sure why you are limiting yourself to two totally different hoslters? if you're after a race holster there are others apart from the ghost that could do the job well (super ghost, mannybragg magnetic, DAA racemaster, DAA racer, H&S CW5, CR speed to name just a few). and if you want a duty style holster then there are just as many kydex options out there too.

not trying to be rude, just trying to figure out what brought you down to just those 2 options?

thanks for your input , regarding choosing the holsters the pdr pro and ghost the one here is the reason

the pdr pro has more adjustment than the bladetech and with a great belt attachment

Ghost the one has a barrel support unlike daa racer and race master which is out of my budget the cr speed i dont like the belt hanger

thank

no problem. that makes sense. I have tried the holsters with muzzle platform and found it didn't really add anything for me.

if you are not 100% stuck on muzzle platform consider the super ghost (still affordable just no muzzle platform) or the H&S CW5. it has a great belt attachment (very long and shaped to fit against the belt nicely, with velcro for the back so you don't get any belt separation). it's also very light. cost should be around $130 USD I'd guess.