Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos ZigRacker cut

Peter_K

I have ordered a zigracker and are wondering if any of you guys know the size and angle on the dovetail cut?

The measurements are included with the racker.....I understand there is a machine part 9lack of better term) that can make the dovetail cut a touch smaller. Overall it makes the racker fit tighter. Ask the person doing the cut. Mine wiggled a touch. It would not fall out, but I just wanted it to fit perfect.

Larry - the cutter specified with the racker makes the cut VERY tight. So much that the instructions tell you how to widen the dovetail ever so slightly (0.005" increments, I believe). I can't imagine using a cutter smaller than called for to begin with.

Larry - the cutter specified with the racker makes the cut VERY tight. So much that the instructions tell you how to widen the dovetail ever so slightly (0.005" increments, I believe). I can't imagine using a cutter smaller than called for to begin with.

Not to pick nits, but the increments for widening the dovetail are .0005".

Thanks. May be he upgraded the instructions or I don't understand machine language. Probably the latter. :-)

I know I really liked it. I sold the MatchMaster it was on though.