Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 primer problem

Add some weight to the top of the follower rod. It will help push that last primer down. Also change the tip on that primer tube. May have slight bur and it's just enough to hold the last primer without the weight of the other primers to overcome it.

Add some weight to the top of the follower rod. It will help push that last primer down. Also change the tip on that primer tube. May have slight bur and it's just enough to hold the last primer without the weight of the other primers to overcome it.

What he said ^

What he said ^

Yep. I stuck a 45ACP case on the plastic rod and solved that problem.

I also suggest cleaning the interior of the tubes periodically. Cut a small cloth patch, wet with alcohol, and use the plastic follower rod to push it through the tube a few times. You'll be surprised how dirty they get after a few thousand primers

I also suggest cleaning the interior of the tubes periodically. Cut a small cloth patch, wet with alcohol, and use the plastic follower rod to push it through the tube a few times. You'll be surprised how dirty they get after a few thousand primers

Doh!

I forget about this way too often.

When I DO clean as described, sure get a lot of yellow/green grime.