Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TS, need some guidance

mdschappell

Just picked up my new TS in .40 cal last night, and I am going to try to get it up and running for limited this season. I see that Taylor Freelance makes extended bases, as does CZ Custom. I have the Taylor's for my M&P and like them. I have no experience with the CZC bases. For you guys that have used them, what are your thoughts?

Also looking at some other mods, such as magwell, fiber front sight, and stainless guiderod. Coming from the M&P, the TS trigger is better, so any changes to the trigger are not a priority right now as the TS trigger is much better than what I am used to shooting.

I have big hands, and the TS feels just about perfect the way it is, so I don't need any grip reduction or thinner grips at this point.

Any other recommendations? I am new to CZ so I am starting over with a new platform.

Ran mine with the factory plastic well, and I would say that did nothing to slow my reloads . CZ basepads are good. They gave me 20 reloadable. Magwells look cool though and will aid in pick-up starts. I just took the stock grips and sanded all of the checkering off of them. That gave me the grip profile that I love and bare wood for my gecko hands.

CZ Custom basepads are great - with the spring and follower kits (I got 20 without the spring and followers, but the follower kept getting stuck way down in the tube - haven't had the problem with the upgraded springs and followers.)

Wider safety, fiber optic front, sand the grips down and put grip tape over the wood - DONE.