Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Python 1978

Shank791

I've got a 6" nickel Python in my safe and there it stays. Sucks because that gun is such a pleasure to shoot but they're finicky and expensive to fix when they go out of time. Still one of my favorite guns to pull out and fondle.

Same here....mine is stainless though....

Always wondered why the Pythons didn't get hot like the m29 after "Magnum Force", the first time I saw it lit a fire in me to shoot a Hogans Alley. Thank the lord a few years later I found IPSC! And the guy with the Python BEAT Dirty Harry in the match (of course we all knew he threw the match to catch the bad guy).

Python's have been going wild in the last few years.

thank the walking dead tv show

Eye of the beholder and all that, but for my money Python's are the best looking production revolver any mfg has put out.

If you had invested some of your nest egg in colt D/A revolvers 4 years ago you'd be sitting pretty nice right now...

Crap, I also had no idea what the Pythons sell for.

I've got an early 80's Python (no box) that was finished in Colt Royal Guard. It looks like matte hard chrome and was only offered for about 2 years.

I don't really plan to sell until they hit 5 grand. :goof:

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I've got an early 80's Python (no box) that was finished in Colt Royal Guard. It looks like matte hard chrome and was only offered for about 2 years.

Hell I'm no giant Colt Python aficionado or anything, but you might be there now because I've not even heard of that finish until now.

I have a 1978'ish 6" Royal Blue in fantastic shape. I shoot it at paper once in awhile but that's it. It has about 350 rounds total through it. It's just a safe queen to pass down because they will never get any cheaper.

Hell I'm no giant Colt Python aficionado or anything, but you might be there now because I've not even heard of that finish until now.

I have a 1978'ish 6" Royal Blue in fantastic shape. I shoot it at paper once in awhile but that's it. It has about 350 rounds total through it. It's just a safe queen to pass down because they will never get any cheaper.

I guess I need to raise my target to 6 grand. Just can't let it go while Walking Dead is still in production!

I guess I need to raise my target to 6 grand. Just can't let it go while Walking Dead is still in production!

Edited to include 1981 ad for Colt's Royal Guard Finish.

post-7462-0-88597800-1392673474_thumb.jp