Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 vs Versamax tactical

Durtywrench

Thanks again for all the responses. The versamax should be here any day now.. I'm liking at the carbon arms extension .. the one were it will let you hold eleven in the tube. Anybody have a pic with that one on? Curious to how far it will be out past the barrel.. I'm clumsy enough.. also looking at the Rci extension too cause it's cheaper..

After doing some dry fire training with the VM and the 1301 today, I am starting to see the appeal of the Beretta as it makes my VM feel really heavy when I switch back and forth. Fit and finish is a little better on the 1301, ( still can't get over the rib on the VM not being true to the barrel but it hasn't really affected the performance at all, just looks cheesy ) but there really isn't that much to these shotguns so you don't really notice a difference. But the VM still feels better for me and loads way better, reliability has been stellar on the VM and I have thousands of rounds through it with no issues to speak of. I have to shoot the 1301 to compare recoil but I have a hard time believing that it will beat the VM in that department. Just by weight alone I would think the VM would be much softer shooting but will have to report back once I have gotten to shoot the 1301. But I will say the way the lighter gun transitions from target to target etc... is very appealing and it is making me want to try a M2 to compare, I know the Benelli's are nice guns but I would like to try one out and see what the trade offs are etc... is the recoil much worse etc..? Durtywrench, you will love your VM and you don't have to worry about what ammo to run as it will shoot just about any brand or load type you want to put in it - enjoy!