Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The best lube for STI

LIKE2SHOOT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't take a knife... I just let people shoot a Walther ppk or let a 1911 guy shoot a block with a high grip. They bleed more than enough.

Also, Liberal's tears. Never ending supply but kinda smells like sadness

I remember when the Kershaw Whirlwind came out. The local gun store owner had a BALL! letting everyone try his new "legal switchblade" everyone cut their thumb that 1st time.

I use a very soft lubriplate grease called "SFL-0." I bought a can of it from the Lubriplate website and it's probably enough to last a lifetime. The can is about the size of a quart of paint and I doubt I've used 5% of it in the last 5 years. I'll probably be dead and gone before it's used up. I put it on with an acid brush.

The only oil I ever use is CLP, and I mostly use that to prevent rust.

Mix 5qts of Mobil 1 5w-20 and 1qt of Castor GTX 10w-40. Run it in a motor, at temp for 7 mins. Drain it into a clean aluminum pan (a plastic one will not work, as those heated hydrocarbons with adhere to the plastic). Immediately add 6 cups of M2C-33G approved automatic transmission fluid, as the polyalphaolefins molecules in the engine oil will bond with the ATF's kinematic viscosity modifiers, to produce what is know as a polypalesian compound. After cooling at room temperature in humidity less than 70% (if your in humidity greater then 70% 8oz of organic vegetable oil will need to be added), remove the top layer of oil (as this is where the majority of the monopalesian compound will collect, as the polyalesian compound is heavier) and discard. The remaining mixture is the best lube for an STI. You'll see best results if you use within 7-8 months, as the compound bonding will begin to separate and you can start to get oxidilysis.

Edited by jrbet83

Mix 5qts of Mobil 1 5w-20 and 1qt of Castor GTX 10w-40. Run it in a motor, at temp for 7 mins. Drain it into a clean aluminum pan (a plastic one will not work, as those heated hydrocarbons with adhere to the plastic). Immediately add 6 cups of M2C-33G approved automatic transmission fluid, as the polyalphaolefins molecules in the engine oil will bond with the ATF's kinematic viscosity modifiers, to produce what is know as a polypalesian compound. After cooling at room temperature in humidity less than 70% (if your in humidity greater then 70% 8oz of organic vegetable oil will need to be added), remove the top layer of oil (as this is where the majority of the monopalesian compound will collect, as the polyalesian compound is heavy) and discard. The remaining mixing is the best lube for an STI. You'll see best results if you use within 7-8 months, as the compound bonding will begin to separate and you can start to get oxidilysis.

How the heck could ANYBODY use that much lube in 7-8 months unless he had to lube every pistol that came of the STI factory floor :goof:

Mix 5qts of Mobil 1 5w-20 and 1qt of Castor GTX 10w-40. Run it in a motor, at temp for 7 mins. Drain it into a clean aluminum pan (a plastic one will not work, as those heated hydrocarbons with adhere to the plastic). Immediately add 6 cups of M2C-33G approved automatic transmission fluid, as the polyalphaolefins molecules in the engine oil will bond with the ATF's kinematic viscosity modifiers, to produce what is know as a polypalesian compound. After cooling at room temperature in humidity less than 70% (if your in humidity greater then 70% 8oz of organic vegetable oil will need to be added), remove the top layer of oil (as this is where the majority of the monopalesian compound will collect, as the polyalesian compound is heavy) and discard. The remaining mixing is the best lube for an STI. You'll see best results if you use within 7-8 months, as the compound bonding will begin to separate and you can start to get oxidilysis.

How the heck could ANYBODY use that much lube in 7-8 months unless he had to lube every pistol that came of the STI factory floor :goof:

I usually keep the excess stuff that I don't use, to lube my falange joints and muffler bearings on mine and my wife's vehicles.

Edited by jrbet83