Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR lube?

LIKE2SHOOT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a case of a synthetic lube called LSA we used overseas (we called it horse ***) Im pretty sure it was made for the MG's but it works great and is cheap

Lubricant, Small Arms. It and CLP (Cleaner, Lubricant, Preservative) were eventually replaced by Break-Free.

I am also a fan of synthetic motor oil.

+4 on the Mobil 1. As I live where its cold out, or if you want a slightly "runnier" lube, I also mix in 40% ATF. ATF is also very good lube by itself, it has excellent detergent and anti-corrosion properties and makes cleaning a breeze (ie wipe down with paper towel and apply more).

Whatabout inhaling the Mobil 1 fumes ? Sure the gun runs well but whatabout the person operating it ? Skin contact might also cause various problems.

I do not know what the deal really is but I would not inhale engine oil smoke voluntarely

Edited by TA338

Whatabout inhaling the Mobil 1 fumes ? Sure the gun runs well but whatabout the person operating it ? Skin contact might also cause various problems.

I do not what the deal really is but I would not inhale engine oil smoke voluntarely

I only used Mobil 1 for a short time before moving to other products. I may move back to a 90% synthetic motor oil/10% synthetic ATF mix.

Anyway, I never got the rifle hot enough to smoke the oil. Maybe our match stages are too short for that.

Edited by michael1778

I really can't believe that inhaling whatever amount of "smoke" from a synthetic motor oil generated by firing a firearm would be any worse than smelling the bacon frying in the kitchen in the morning.

Or perhaps, shooting a match at an indoor range.

Edited by Steve RA

FP-10 because it smells like cinnamon.

Or Slip 2000 because I got a few bottles for free. Seems to work well also.

That's what I think weapon shield smells like. I use slide glide on bcg rails and 50/50 mix synthetic atf and 10w30 on everything else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This: http://www.prolong.com/eStore/ProductInfo/PSL10010.aspx

Mixed with one quart of Mobil one ATF

Never dries...seems to be the correct viscosity..super lubricant, everything stays in solution and wipes clean.

Granted.....you end up with a half gallon of the stuff and it will last you a life time.

We use it on every 22LR bolt assembly that goes out the door.

We've also been known to use this stuff mixed with vactra on the ways of our CNC machines as well.

The Prolong grease is very good too!

Tim