Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR lube?

LIKE2SHOOT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Frog as well. I have had some issues with it when it gets cold out up here like it has been this winter. Doesn't go to battery all the way on the first shot but once she warms up, its butter.

I use it on my carry/competition pistol, and I used to use it on my shotgun, but after holding on target and waiting for the bolt to go back home after a shot, I decided to get something that works in cold temps. I might switch back to the Frog once it warms up around here but until then the shotty gets Milltek-1.

Mobil 1 full synthetic. Who do you think has spent more money on research- oil companies or some small snake oil seller?

I agree completely. I have used Mobil 1 full synthetic exclusively for 8 years with no issues. I figured if it works in a formula one engine it will work in my handguns and rifles.

AR's need a lubrication designed to take extreme heat. Most gun oils are really designed to prevent corrosion, while motor oil is designed to really take a pounding. I use full synthetic motor oil in my ARs and they not only stay wet longer, but are easier to clean up afterwards.

AR's need a lubrication designed to take extreme heat. Most gun oils are really designed to prevent corrosion, while motor oil is designed to really take a pounding. I use full synthetic motor oil in my ARs and they not only stay wet longer, but are easier to clean up afterwards.

Keeps the turbo cool, too, right?