Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" 2011 Holster?

poison123

Anyone got recommendations on who makes a good holster with "adjustable" retention(or not retard tight retention)? I got my g-code holster yesterday....and the 2011 can not be safely drawn from it. Their recommendation was to carefully pry it apart a little after taking out the retention screw....which didn't work for shit.

The bad side to this is I need it for a match in a week and a half.

Hello: I don't know about G-code holsters but can you put a piece of automotive hose between the holster halves to spread it apart and put the adjustment screw threw the center of the hose? I have done this on quite a few holsters. For a 6" limited 2011 I use a Blade Tech for a 6" long dust cover with the drop attachent. The long dust cover model is faster than the regular dust cover model for the 6" even for my 6" regular length dust cover pistol. Thanks, Eric

If shooters connection has a blade tech in stock they will get it to you in a few days

Him being in Georgia if the snow don't kill UPS and he order before I think 2 he can have it the next day. That is why I spend $$ with SC even if they are higher on something. It's almost instant gratification.

Never had a problem with my gcode I use for 3 gun. What's the issue that it can't be safely drawn as mine draws fine

The mold they have must be too thin or something. Its way too tight on the dust cover....which just happen to be where the rivets are located on the holster. You have to sit there...grip the holster with one hand and the gun with the other and muscle it out. And forget about using the locking mechanism if the gun isn't locked and cocked.

The only work around I can even see on it is to heat up the holster to try and remold it...but they said to specifically not do that :/

Something Definately is wrong with it. Mine is very easy in and out of the holster. Is yours a std dust cover gun?

Yup. Normal STI Frame built by Freedom Gun Works. And it is a actual STI Frame not one of the new ones that FGW is coming out with.

You can see in the holster where its getting gouged by the dust cover.

IMG_20131209_103447_zps157a8c65.jpg

A couple of years ago I bought a holster from Rick at Center of Mass that works really good for what you're looking for. Its his "race holster" that is droppedand offset, and you can also adjust for cant. The pics on his website don't show all the details, but essentially what you have is a scabbard pouch for the pistol that is attached to a block of delrin for the offset. The block is then attached to a length of kydex that attaches to your belt and extends down your side to creates the drop. There are holes pre-drilled in the extension for you to mount the block at different angles to achieve the desired cant.

http://comholsters.com/themall/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=23&osCsid=cf8aa8b7b399d7de4021714288dec950

I've used his holsters for 3-gun as well as USPSA, however I've since switched to a Manny Bragg skeleton holster for Limited though I am still using a COM for 3-gun. I also use one of the COMs for SS as well as Prod. Its a good product and well made. Plus Rick will work with you on some custom features which I needed for my 6" since it was built on a 2011 Tactical frame.

The only downside is the 4-6 week wait for delivery since I think Rick is a one-man show.