Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Square Deal B

You'd need the caliber conversion kit and a tool head. The dies are specific to the SDB and included in the conversion kit. I think all together it's about $100. That sounds like a good price for a used press. Even if it's got some miles on it Dillon will rebuild it to like new for a vary reasonable price. You'd have a "new" press for less than buying a new one.

Edited by flyingrhino

I don't see age making much difference. Dillon has updated my two over the years and rebuild them for nothing more than the cost for me to ship it to them.

One reason why I have lots of their other machines. The two SD's cost $130 ea new back then and worth close to $300 now. Not a bad investment, the things you can use for a few decades and it's worth more now than you paid then are few and far between.

Bench height is roughly 48". I plan to bolt the press to a 1/4" steel plate and then mount that to the bench. Anybody have a schematic of the base to show the drill pattern? I won't have the Press until the last of the week and i'd like to be able to mount it on a pre-drilled plate, I just need to know where to make the holes.

I have to figure out where to mount it and whether I want to use a strong mount.

I have 2 SqD's and no strong mount - doesn't seem to me to be necessary.

also have two SDB's and a small bench so use a Lee Bench Plate kit that allows me change presses easily.

You folks with the SDB's wouldn't happen to have the dimensions of the base bolt holes, would ya? I need to prep a steel plate that I'm going to mount the SDB on and need to know where to locate and drill the holes. I don't have the SDB and won't until late next week. There should be a schematic somewhere. Dillon just shows how to locate for the holes by using the actual base as a pattern.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;

GM45

You wouldn't have the dimensions of the base bolt holes, would ya?

I'd suggest you wait for the machine to arrive, and use the actual machine as your template. :cheers:

This, there may be handle clearance issues and such you want to figure out before commiting to a bunch of drilling and tapping. I have just had my 550b bolted to a (solid) wood bench for 25+ years and have never had any issues. Not to try and talk a man out of over kill though.

Edited by chevyoneton

Kinda funny, but I checked on the shipping/tracking status on the Press and found out that it went the wrong direction. I live in KS; the seller lives in Tuscon and the Press is presently in Los Angeles. No wonder USPS is ALWAYS broke.