Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extending extended mag release?

e-mishka

With this mockup I can easily drop mags without shifting my grip. Difference is night and day. Week hand should not interfere with it as well.

Next goal is to add some jb weld and run it like this in dry and live fire practice.

After that its probably gonna go to gunsmith to sand, drill, tap and fit extended button. Just not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

I had this same issue and instead of looking for an extended mag release i swapped the button to the opposite side of the gun and use my middle finger on trigger hand to drop mag, honestly i think im faster this way and doesnt get in way of my grip ! just a thought

I have installed the Ed Brown Extended Mag Release Button on a few other guns for competition, but not on a Tanfo.

However, Brown's button is not a paddle; its merely circular. It is checkered 40 lines per inch, .375 in diameter, and a 4-40 hex screw is included. About $11 from Brownells, Midway, etc. in blue or stainless. Should be drilled/tapped.

@kneelingatlas ,

any idea if mag release from cz tactical sport will fit large frame tanfo?

Nope. The CZ release uses that two legged spring under the screw and the Tanfo release uses the trigger bar plunger for retention.

oh well, it would be too easy if it did fit ;)

Well, after a lot of R&D time here is version 2.0 of my custom extension of extended mag release:

post-33495-0-21124600-1392395356_thumb.j

post-33495-0-26027300-1392395383_thumb.j

JB Weld seems to be holding fine, we'll see if this set up proves worthy of further development

Edited by e-mishka

• 9 months later...

I'm planning to take on this task; I already procured a few 2011 paddles and the tap, took a stock small frame release, welded a big blob on the end to mill, drill and tap. I'll keep you posted...

Atlas, any updates on the paddle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk