Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun AR Weight

mildot1

My open rifle weighs 9 lbs 1.2 oz

Rainier Arms Upper: BCM Mod 3 Latch, JP LMOS Carrier, Nordic 18" Barrel, AP Customs 15" CF, Rolling Thunder Comp, Caldwell Bi-pod

Ruger Lower: Geissele SSA-E Trigger, Ergo Tactical Deluxe Grip, Ergo TI-7 Stock

Warne Ramp: Burris FFE1 2-7x, Burris FF3

Edited by LoganbillJ

I just built a new limited rifle and weighed it. Basically is is a Seekins billet upper and lower, Magpul MOE stock, 18" rifle length JP barrel, matched bolt and LMOS, JP captured spring, Seekins 15" 3-gun handguard and Rolling Thunder comp. With Leupold Pristmatic scope it weight 8lbs 1Oz.

I just built a new limited rifle and weighed it. Basically is is a Seekins billet upper and lower, Magpul MOE stock, 18" rifle length JP barrel, matched bolt and LMOS, JP captured spring, Seekins 15" 3-gun handguard and Rolling Thunder comp. With Leupold Pristmatic scope it weight 8lbs 1Oz.

Sounds sweet lets see a pic

I won an Adams Arms Evo ultra light upper last month, so I had the send me a lower to complete the rifle. With the AA light bolt carrier and A2 stock it weighs 7.2lbs. With a Leupold Mark 6 And AMD mount it weighs 8.4lbs.

post-2458-0-62510500-1392080484_thumb.jp

Edited by Sgtsvi

I have the same gun but with the UBR stock and seekins comp. With the Bushnell 1- 6.5 optic and JP mount mine comes in at just a shade under 9 lb.

post-48487-0-20358100-1392126706_thumb.j

What does your AR come in at lb wise?

Looked at Stag 3G and they don't list the weight for thier rifle.

Mine is 10.5lbs and most of it is in the front end, feels a little sluggish on transitions.

Mildot

STAG ARMS MODEL SA3G - RH•Pre-ban •Forged aluminum upper •Stainless steel fluted heavy barrel w/1:8” twist •Standard safety •Stag Arms 3G compensator •Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) trigger •Magpul ACS buttstock & MOE pistol grip •Samson 15” Evolution free-float modular handguard w/three rail attachments •Lifetime warranty •Wt: 7.8 lbs. •Includes: magazine, plastic case & manualCal. Brl. Cap. 5.56 NATO 18'' 30

My AR comes in at 9.7 lbs. It's definitely front heavy. Here's the configuration.

Stag Model 3G Upper

Palmetto State Armory Lower

1-4x scope

Magpul ACS stock

Ergo Grip

Rolling Thunder comp

Timney Trigger

No-Name 45 degree iron sights

My rifle weighs in at 9.2# with the following parts.

Ace long stock-standard buffer.

Ranier upper w/raptor CH and standard bolt

RRA lower with NM trigger group

Ergo deluxe grip

Larue ext. mount

Burris 2-7 E1

Jpoint red dot & 45* mount

MI 15" gen2 ss handguard

Nordic 18" bbl

SJC titan comp

Harris 9"-13" swivel bipod

My AR comes in at 9.7 lbs. It's definitely front heavy. Here's the configuration.

Stag Model 3G Upper

Palmetto State Armory Lower

1-4x scope

Magpul ACS stock

Ergo Grip

Rolling Thunder comp

Timney Trigger

No-Name 45 degree iron sights

You have 6 oz on the muzzle with that comp. Not that I didn't like that comp, but if muzzle heavy is an issue for you, there's part of the problem.