Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann barrels shut down?

gmantwo

• 1 month later...

U could always order an svi barrel. They won't sell the aet version to you but if that doesn't make a difference to you it is the same barrel I have been told. I ordered one a couple weeks ago and they told me 6 week lead time.

So if the material is the same, the rifling process is the same (they both use the proprietary term AET), is it essentially the same barrel other than who is doing the machining? Barrel lugs (upper and lower) the same dimensions and profile? Finishing specifications the same? Sorry for the detailed questions and not trying to de-rail the thread, just trying to understand. Is there some kind of partnership between the two companies since they both produce AET barrels?

• 3 weeks later...

They were doing maintenance on some big machines in March, as well as running the US steel nationals. Mike is back and making barrels. Leave a message and when his backlog is cleared up he will be able to get you set up. He has a large volume, just like all the other firearms related companies right now as well.....

DougC