Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gear Setup

BigQ

Hi folks, not new to shooting but am to competitive shooting. Picked up a CR speed belt, 5 ready tactical pouches and a bladetech holster for my USPSA debut haha. Could someone give me some advice as to gear setup, I'm looking at this inner and outer belt and trying to figure out exactly where the overlaps should be on my body when both belts are being worn. Newb question but I'm confused...

Try not to have the overlap under the holster as this could lead to breaking the 2" rule more easily. This would apply to any class, then look at what Sarge posted above as in some classes you can have the mag pouches more to the front and some have to be behind a certain point. If you have a rule book, look and see what it says about the class you plan to shoot in.

If you belly button is noon, I overlap my inside belt at 6-8 and my outer belt at 4-6. I don't like having both overlaps over lap, because it makes for a weird bulge and you cant get the belt keeper thing around it. Also when i started three gunning i needed to be able to put pouches and caddies all the way from 8 around the front all the way to my holster so this positioning of belts was the results. Make sure you index your holster of something too, I use the seam of my pants so that the gun is always in the same place to aid in consistency of your draw. If everything is locked down well on the outer belt, that should keep all you pouches in the same place too for consistency there. Have a 'blast!'

I run one of the overlaps in the front and one in the back. Which depends on division. For production my outer belt overlaps in the front with the inner at the back.

For limited or three gun I run the outer belt overlap on the back.

Edited by alma

Put Velcro on the inside of your mag pouches and the holster connection if needed. I normally bunch up my mag pouches which pushes the outer belt away from the inner belt where the weight is.