Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Even with the Dillon RT1200, I hate case prep

ben b.

Look, I'm grateful that our power came back on, and 17 hours w/o power is nothing like what it could be. Or what it has been before.

And I'm grateful that Dillon made the RT1200, and so I can use that power to run the shop vac and trim.223 cases at light speed relative to a cam-lock hand-turn station.

But, man! Even with all of these advantages, I really hate case prep...

• 3 weeks later...

There's a guy or two here on Enos that preps brass...pack it in a flat rate box and mail it off...back in 2 weeks or less. I did this about 4 months ago and will do so again when I need more rifle brass. It came back looking like brand new brass and I didn't have to lube it to run it through the size die.

There's a guy or two here on Enos that preps brass...pack it in a flat rate box and mail it off...back in 2 weeks or less. I did this about 4 months ago and will do so again when I need more rifle brass. It came back looking like brand new brass and I didn't have to lube it to run it through the size die.

What guys? What did it cost you?

Enos member, George Toon up in Minnesota did mine...$60 medium flat rate box returned, $80 large returned. He did an excellent job.

Not sure if he still does it, but worth a try. Email him and see... gtoon159@yahoo.com ...His Enos name is Retread1911

Edited to add: Oh...this guy is class act...I put an extra couple hundred empties in the box after I got his quote and I put in an extra $20 to cover any additional efforts. When I got the brass back, the $20 was laying inside the package.

Edited by Mark R

• 2 weeks later...