Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 barrel reaming

Craig N

Just how far can you go with reaming a KKM barrel in 40 S&W? I know STI guns run out to 1.180 and I was thinking about taking mine out to 1.140ish to see if it fixes some of the problems I have. Rounds fit fine in the stock barrel but don't fully chamber in the KKM.

The mag is the limit in a Glock, not the barrel. You should be able to run 1.140 in both a stock Glock mag and a KKM barrel (I have both). I run 1.135 with no issues.

The KKM issue you are probably having is with 0.401 or 0.402 lead rounds. KKM will ream out your barrel for free if you send them the barrel and some dummy rounds. My lead and Bayou Bullets run fine now after they did that for me.

The mag is the limit in a Glock, not the barrel. You should be able to run 1.140 in both a stock Glock mag and a KKM barrel (I have both). I run 1.135 with no issues.

Same here. I have experimented and can run out to about 1.145-1.150 before feeding issues start in both my kkm and stock barrels. I load at 1.135 to be absolutely reliable. I am running .400 poly coated lead bullets.

Are your rounds hitting the lands? I suspect if your ammo is short enough to feed reliably it's more likely a brass issue. If you are trying to get a 1.180 long round in there i would give it up. You aren't going to be running 1.180 like an STI by reaming the barrel out because it won't feed.

The KKM issue you are probably having is with 0.401 or 0.402 lead rounds. KKM will ream out your barrel for free if you send them the barrel and some dummy rounds. My lead and Bayou Bullets run fine now after they did that for me.

+1. I had the same problems with a Lone Wolf barrel and after having it reamed and throated it runs great. Aftermarket barrel manufacturers have to know that people are swapping barrels to shoot lead, I don't know why they don't cut the cambers for it from the start, or at least offer it as a option. It would save a lot of time an aggravation.