Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mags for CZ 75 cts ls-b in 40?

TerryYu

What kind of mags does this gun take? It ships with a 12 rounder but can it also take the 17 round Ts mags?

The CTS LS-B has a standard 75 frame, TS mags will not work. The most you get in a standard frame .40 mag is 14-15 rounds.

Hmm. That really hobbles the gun for play. Guess it would be only good for l10. :-(

The .40s can be converted to 9mm pretty easily, there are a few guy here on the forum that have done it. In 9mm it would be great for 3 gun, steel challenge, or limited (minor).

Decisions decisions. Can't decide if a 75 cts ls is better than a Ts. Having a 9mm longslide for the price of a barrel would be totally bad ass.

Eerw, does the ls fit into the idpa box? Because if I can shoot ESP with it that would tip the scales in favor of it.

Edit #2: If the CTS LS is just a TS slide on top of a 75 frame, does that mean that I could technically put my current shadow slide on the gun and convert it into a 9mm that way? My mind boggles at the frankengun possibilities!

Edited by TerryYu

Decisions decisions. Can't decide if a 75 cts ls is better than a Ts. Having a 9mm longslide for the price of a barrel would be totally bad ass.

Eerw, does the ls fit into the idpa box? Because if I can shoot ESP with it that would tip the scales in favor of it.

Edit #2: If the CTS LS is just a TS slide on top of a 75 frame, does that mean that I could technically put my current shadow slide on the gun and convert it into a 9mm that way? My mind boggles at the frankengun possibilities!

I doubt it will make weight for IDPA.

That's probably true, my 75 Shadow weighs in at 38 oz with a normal length barrel.

This is really busting the case for a CZ 75 CTS LS! It seems like I'd be better off getting a TS and sending it in for the CTS treatment at a later date. Does that make sense or am I overlooking something?

Well that changes things!

Eerw, what would be required to change from a 40 to a 9. It can't be as simple as buying a 9mm Ts barrel and 9mm mags, right?

Have been told that the breechface on the .40 is able to hold the 9mm case with enough tension. so if that is the case it should work. but I cant say that that is the case everytime.

worse case you fit a 9mm top end to the your frame.

So this means that it was be deadly in IDPA ESP and L10. Not as great in regular limited because of the mag size. Do you know how it handles major recoil vs the TS?

Seems like the deciding factor is trading full blown limited for idpa esp, otherwise both guns seem very similar and I'm a huge fan of the 75 frame ergos.

I am paralyzed by choice. Someone tell me which gun to buy! :-)

Here's a picture of that ...

- Lower from CTS LS-B .40 (so w/o the slide basically CZ75 SAO lower)

- Upper from SP01 Shadow 9mm

I'm heading to the range this morning, I'll try it out and let you know!

post-48463-0-77824600-1392046085_thumb.j

... So the SP-01 shadow upper worked fine on the CTS LS-B lower.

But after doing that, I don't know when I'd use that. My sp-01 shadow has the short reset disconnector and trigger work, so the SA pull is sub 3lb, very similar to the SAO pull of the CTS LS-B. And with curved combat 85 trigger, a shorter reach for the finger than the straight SAO trigger.

So in short, no SA gain (for me) if you have a worked on 9mm lower with SRTS, but nicer than stock shadow/sp01. But I can easily be missing something.

But after doing that, I don't know when I'd use that. My sp-01 shadow has the short reset disconnector and trigger work, so the SA pull is sub 3lb, very similar to the SAO pull of the CTS LS-B. And with curved combat 85 trigger, a shorter reach for the finger than the straight SAO trigger.

So in short, no SA gain (for me) if you have a worked on 9mm lower with SRTS, but nicer than stock shadow/sp01. But I can easily be missing something.

it does mean you can change it to a 9mm barrel in the ts upper and use 19 round mags in limited minor or even with major loads

it does mean you can change it to a 9mm barrel in the ts upper and use 19 round mags in limited minor or even with major loads

Probably a little confusing - I was replying to the person that asked if you could run your 9mm Shadow slide, on their CTS-LS (CZ75 SAO) lower (I think).

That's different I think than your point of 9mm barrel into your CTS-LS TS 40 slide, in that case you are getting a 9mm SAO gun for the price of the barrel (and mags) if you didn't already have a 9mm shadow?

Edited by trgt

Probably a little confusing - I was replying to the person that asked if you could run your 9mm Shadow slide, on their CTS-LS (CZ75 SAO) lower (I think).

That's different I think than your point of 9mm barrel into your CTS-LS TS 40 slide, in that case you are getting a 9mm SAO gun for the price of the barrel (and mags) if you didn't already have a 9mm shadow?

exactly. I have done it with my ts and with two of my baby eagles. swap out 40cal barrels for 9 and change out mags and all has been good. also worked well only my cz40b. changed it to a 9mm barrel and it shot really nice.