Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag options for 75 SP-01 Shadow Target

FreeJersey

I will be picking up my Shadow Target in a couple weeks and would like some input on mags that are available. The main issue of course is that I am in NJ. 15 round limit. The only options I see are the CZ 10 rounders and the ProMag 15 rounders, neither of which have the best of reputations.The gun will be used for USPSA production and some Steel Challenge. So, which of those two am I better off with, or am I missing another option?

Just got my Shadow Target right before Christmas and being in NY I could only get the 10 round CZ mags. I've put close to 1000 rounds through it and have had no troubles at all with the 10 round mags. I have seven of them.

Cz pre ban 15 rounders. Although I can get 16 rounds in them, so I don't know what NJ law says about that.

NJ law says that's a no go.

Just got my Shadow Target right before Christmas and being in NY I could only get the 10 round CZ mags. I've put close to 1000 rounds through it and have had no troubles at all with the 10 round mags. I have seven of them.

I figured that would be my best option, I ordered 6 of them.

Promag 15 from midway work great. I have 1,000 rounds through mine with zero problems. They were recommended by a friend that has many thousands of rounds through his without any failures.

Give them a try, you will like them. We use ours for USPSA also.

Edited by hops

• 3 weeks later...

there is nothing wrong with the CZ 10 round mags. well apart from the fact they only hold 10 rounds! I've had some for years now and can't remember ever having any problem. well they are a bit of a pain to line up the tab in the base plate when re-assembling after cleaning.