Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First 2011 STI Eagle suggested up grades?

JMIS

I just picked up my first 2011, a STI Eagle 9mm. This is my first 1911/2011 style pistol. I'm mainly going to use it for 3gun type stuff and some steel matches. I'm looking for suggestions on base pads and any other tune up parts. I did get a Dawson Ice magwell from my buddy so far.

I'd stick a dawson toolless flgr in it and then run it like you stole it. These are so gentle in 9mm I find the rm unnecessary and a nuisance during stripping.

Do you have a link for this?

You can stipple and undercut the grip/trigger guard. Add a mag release button that works best for you. Lighten slide and recoil spring if only running light loads for the purposes you mention in OP.

These are just options, not requirements. A few different weight recoil springs is a fairly inexpensive way to do a little tuning of the gun to your preferred ammo.

It all comes down to your preferences and what loads you're shooting.

Few things I did to tailor to my wants / needs:

Long flat SV trigger

Double undercut / stippled grip

Brazos micro dot

Dawson toolless guiderod

Again, just personal tastes. Other than more mags, there was nothing I really NEEDED.

Double undercut of the trigger guard

Grip tape (Dawson kit works well if you're unsure about stippling)

I like a narrow fiber optic front sight (.090")

Dawson +1 basepads are what I am using on my 140mm mags along with Grams springs and followers and can get 23 rnds in them.

About a year or so ago I had an EGW hammer/sear kit installed and trigger job to a little over 2 lbs. Wow.

I bought a nice used Eagle last month. It has the Dawson CRP package. I added a few 140mm mags w/ dp basepads, and have spent some quality range time with it. I plan to stipple the grip, have a 2.5# trigger job done, have the slide flattopped/serrated and get the slide, frame and controls hard chromed.