Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Stage For a Rifle Only Match

jacketjoed

I got my rifle match approved and have 4 of the stages that I need but cant think of anything original to do for a 5th. It will be setup in a bay that it 100yrds long and 25 or so wide. I have a 5 auto poppers, a full sized ispc steel with bonus target, 2 half sized ispc steel, a flasher and paper targets. Im looking for a around a 30-40 rnd count. Please help. Thank you!

Without drawing it out, I'd specify two shooting boxes on the outer edges of the bay and mandate shooting all five autopoppers from each box, so 10 shots. Freestyle in between the boxes with the rest of your steel and paper.

Without drawing it out, I'd specify two shooting boxes on the outer edges of the bay and mandate shooting all five autopoppers from each box, so 10 shots. Freestyle in between the boxes with the rest of your steel and paper.

We think alike, that is pretty much what my first stage consists of. Step wall on one side and wall with low port on the other side auto poppers from both and paper and full scale steel freestyle between the 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Put 1 or 2 paper targets up close (like 5 ft away) and put a no shoot on the entire body. It makes the shooters take head shots...and up close, it makes you think about your bore to sight offset. Most don't ever practice this. Using optics, you better aim at the perf on the top of the target.