Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SA trigger group components

stardust tommy

What is the big difference between the sears and hammers of the CZ pistols?

my SP01 Shadow (wich I converted to SA only) has a nice crisp 2.9 lbs triggerpul after some work

A CZ 85 combat converted so SA only needs lots of work on sear and hammer to get a relative crisp 3lb trigger ( original it was a 3 stage 5.9 lbs trigger :-) )

and I read that the TS has a sub 2lbs out of the box? where is the difference? sear and hammer? can you swap sears (and there cage) and hammers from a TS to a SP01 Shadow?

I also tried a competition hammer on my Shadow and I found my "tuned" hammer better

a pic of my "fun" SP01 Shadow

of2gzp.jpg

and another I did in Cerakote FDE

2yo25j5.jpg

gr Tom

I read that the TS has a sub 2lbs out of the box? where is the difference? sear and hammer? can you swap sears (and there cage) and hammers from a TS to a SP01 Shadow?

Tom, it's true, the TS trigger sub 2# out of the box, mine is fully tuned to just over 1.5# with an 18# hammer spring; if I run a light hammer spring it's close to 1#, but it gets a little mushy. The TS has a unique trigger return mechanism which increases it's potential beyond the rest of the CZ75 patter pistols. The trigger return spring is much lighter and shaped differently and the U spring under the trigger bar is eliminated, as well as half the trigger bar.

So your SAO SP01 will simply never be as good as the TS can be, but to get the best out of that fire control system, the hammer hooks are very important, excuse the blurry picture, but this is the stock SP01 hammer, next to the stock Shadow hammer next to the comp hammer:

IMG_20140123_232502_491_zpsa4d5f295.jpg

you can see the hooks get progressively shorter; the race hammer on my TS has very short hooks:

40108.png

Edited by kneelingatlas

when I do a triggerjob I shorten the hammerhooks and cut a small relief angle on the sear (like I do on the 1911) and that works great.

the first hammer looks like the one in the 85 combat, narrower and very large hammer hooks

thanks for the pic! I'm gonna search for an exploded view of the TS

I contacted a company about a month ago about making a reduced trigger bar lifter spring and sear spring as no one offers them at this time but they haven't quoted me yet, still wouldn't make it as good as the TS but that trigger bar system is total different.

Edited by thompsoncustom

Tommy,

Did you remove the disco when you converted them to single action? Not that it would account for a lot of weight, but it is a small amount of un-needed friction.

Edited by Czhase

you can bend the legs of the trigger return spring outwards to reduce the triggers "pretravel" and have a lighter triggerpull

Is that a question? Because if it's a statement, it's not accurate. Bending the TRS will lighten the trigger pull, although so will installing the CGW RP TRS (which I think is the more reliable option), but the distance of pretravel will remain the same. The resistance you feel during pretravel will be less, but the length is determined by the sear, hammer and trigger bar (which can be modified).