Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it time to delcare photo bomb war? - just saying

frankge

I video each and every stage I shoot. I usually have a buddy record with a flip and I run a contour hd. I haven't asked anybody other than the guys that I rode with to film me in years. If they aren't available, I just run the hat cam. I don't bother anybody and nobody bothers me.

I do find it hilarious that everybody is worried about not disturbing the on deck shooter for filming purposes, but 90% of the matches that I go to, I RO a squad and nobody has any problem with me having to either run the clock or the tablet for the shooter in front of me. It has taken me years to get to the point where I don't screw up royally if I have to run the squad and shoot. I can handle it now, to a point, but I certainly don't perform as well as I would if I had a few shooters in front of me to get my game plan ready.

I love it when people gripe for the sake of griping. I bet you all hate it when I do the flip too don't ya.

Regardless of whether it bothers you or not is moot. One of the very first rules of the game is when you are on deck you are on deck. period. nothing else. Around here I think we all got the same training because we will walk up to an RO and say, "you are coming up soon, I'll take over". It's not hilarious or even funny. It's proper range etiquette.

And yes, flip and catch should be outlawed. :goof:

Somebody should tell the people that we shoot with about that on deck part. You ask who knows how to run the tablet and just listen for the crickets. I prefer the tablets for the speed, but at least nobody could say they didn't know how to run the pencil and paper.

I video each and every stage I shoot. I usually have a buddy record with a flip and I run a contour hd. I haven't asked anybody other than the guys that I rode with to film me in years. If they aren't available, I just run the hat cam. I don't bother anybody and nobody bothers me.

I do find it hilarious that everybody is worried about not disturbing the on deck shooter for filming purposes, but 90% of the matches that I go to, I RO a squad and nobody has any problem with me having to either run the clock or the tablet for the shooter in front of me. It has taken me years to get to the point where I don't screw up royally if I have to run the squad and shoot. I can handle it now, to a point, but I certainly don't perform as well as I would if I had a few shooters in front of me to get my game plan ready.

I love it when people gripe for the sake of griping. I bet you all hate it when I do the flip too don't ya.

Regardless of whether it bothers you or not is moot. One of the very first rules of the game is when you are on deck you are on deck. period. nothing else. Around here I think we all got the same training because we will walk up to an RO and say, "you are coming up soon, I'll take over". It's not hilarious or even funny. It's proper range etiquette.

And yes, flip and catch should be outlawed. :goof:

Sarge, good post and great advise! :devil:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I had a person on my squad shoot me last week when I shot for the first time. I didn't realize I shouldn't have asked, she was very sweet about it and didn't seem upset, did a great job too. I did not talk to any on deck shooters, I had read ahead of time about not bother people when they got into their routine.

I found it very helpful afterwards to look at it. during the shoot I felt like I was going really fast, afterwards I see that I looked like a tortoise with a gun. I picked up on some important things to do differently, both with planning how I'll shoot the stage and with techniques I need to work.

I guess if it is bad manners I can just get a tripod or other mount and pick a good angle to have it record me from, it would probably still be useful to me later. anybody tried that?

Red

I have people film me while I shoot but make sure and not ask the on deck shooter to film. Generally it is a fellow shooter who rode with me to the match. On occasion I will as another squad mate whom I know well.

I see film as a good way to step back and evaluate my performance. It has helped my game tremendously.

I think studying your own film is good but use some judgement when asking to film. I have had people at a major this year! ask me to film.

I told my teammate that I didn't want to film us and ended up filming someone else. None of the people I filmed this year offered to film me and email me mine either.

I look at asking someone to film me like asking them to top off my mags, clean my mags, etc

I would ask a close friend/teammate but prob not a stranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk