Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frog Lube Solvent

DDustin

Not sure if this is the right forum or not but I wasn't sure where else to put this.

Does anyone have any real experience with the solvent? I love their lube and use it in everything. But the solvent I just bought seems a lot like water. Half the time it even beads off the dirt like water would. I was hoping for an effective copper and carbon solvent but I literally can't find anything on this stuff at all. Has anyone used this stuff with good result that can comment?

I started using Frog Lube a while ago on my striker fired pistols and AR's....BTW, my Kimber hated it. Started noticing that as they sat without use for a while, they seemed to gum up. Anyone else notice this, or am I doing something wrong? Initially applied the paste by warming metal parts in the oven, then continued lubing with the liquid form.

My concern is my daily carry, I tend to not clean it until I shoot, but if I'm carrying it daily and it gums up, I'm concerned that it may affect the operation when I need it most!

As for solvent, I switched back to a regular solvent on my barrels only cuz it seemed to me that the Frog Lube wasn't removing the fouling adequately.

• 1 year later...

I started using FL from the kit off Amazon(the paste, the CLP, and a yellow rag) and loved the stuff.

After using those two items i spotted a small squirt bottle of the solvent at my local shooter shop. Got it and sprayed it liberally in the slide and went to it with a toothbrush. Wiped it down with a t shirt and sprayed it again and scrubbed it again. Wiped it again and it was really clean! Hit it with some compressed air and then set it in the sun/use hairdryer and then go on with the paste.

I have a lil tube (think toothpaste) of the CLP that I use lightly just to keep things running smoothly in the field.

-BTO-

I used frog lube on my versamax and it locked up while shooting it in 10 degree weather . The bolt was incredibly hard to move back. It literally came out of my car and sat for like ten minutes . Even the heat of shooting it didn't seem to keep it warm enough. Once the shotgun went back in my car and the heater was on it started to function normal. I've switched to Lucas and have not had one problem in the winter . We shoot 3 gun all year long here.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I used frog lube on my versamax and it locked up while shooting it in 10 degree weather . The bolt was incredibly hard to move back. It literally came out of my car and sat for like ten minutes . Even the heat of shooting it didn't seem to keep it warm enough. Once the shotgun went back in my car and the heater was on it started to function normal. I've switched to Lucas and have not had one problem in the winter . We shoot 3 gun all year long here.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I had the problem. My Versa Max locked up when it was really cold. My pistol and rifle felt sticky and sluggish. I've since switched to Italian Gun Grease and lucas.

I have been using FrogLube for a little over a year now with no problems at all. Being Bio based if you have not cleaned any petroleum based products off well enough before application you can run into issues. Before I used FrogLube on my guns I generously applied the solvent and vigorously cleaned everything (FrogLube Solvent in an ultrasonic would be better). Then I took a hair dryer to the parts and heated them until they were too hot to touch and applied the FrogLube paste. Let it sit overnight and re assembled. Since that first go round I have only had to wipe things off, maybe a touch of solovent if I have negleted my cleaning, and reapply paste. I've run my guns year round and never a problem, including a wintertime steel match with a temp down in the 30's.

They have a new liquid lube coming out that has been tested down to 44 below 0

And no I am not sponsored or endorsed by FrogLube, I just like the product. Although I will admit I wouldn't complain to have them sponsor me, trying to move to Heavy Optics but my checking account disagrees with my desires