Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire

DDustin

I've been seeing a lot about the Hiperfire triggers at matches lately and it's making me a bit curious. Can someone who has tried them out comment on them? How do their triggers stack up against say, the Geissele Super 3 Gun trigger I'm running now?

I was quite happy with a CMC trigger in my 3 gun AR, but then I decided to give the Hiperfire a try.

I've not tried any of the many match triggers out there but I can say I'm very impressed and happy with the Hiperfire 24C. I'm using the heavy springs for the lightest trigger. Extremely smooth with minimal reset.

Bill

I'm using the heavy springs for the lightest trigger.

Bill

Heavy springs for the lightest trigger?

My impression of the instruction was the lightest springs (natural steel color) for the lightest trigger.

Using the natural colored springs has given me a crisp, consistent 2 pound trigger.

Pat

Edited by Pat Miles

How smooth is it? One of the things I really liked about the Geissele S3G is that it's about as smooth as glass with a really crisp feeling reset. Would the quality be about the same with the Hiperfire? How might it specifically compare to the Super 3 Gun? Would it be worth swapping it over?

I'm using the heavy springs for the lightest trigger.

Bill

Heavy springs for the lightest trigger?

My impression of the instruction was the lightest springs (natural steel color) for the lightest trigger.

Using the natural colored springs has given me a crisp, consistent 2 pound trigger.

Pat

Nope, the heavier springs with the Hiperfire 24C make for a lighter trigger pull. The two springs on top work against the hammer spring when the hammer is locked back to reduce the force on the sear. The heavier these springs are the more reduction in force and therefore friction allowing for a lighter trigger pull. After the hammer is released the two springs on top no longer work against the hammer spring allowing for a good strike.

This is the best drop in trigger I've felt for an AR. I went out and bought one to replace the professionally installed JP trigger I've been using for 7 years.

Very interesting!

The Hipertouch website directions state that the blue toggle springs will provide an approximate trigger pull weight of 3.8#, the yellow springs at 3.5# and the natural springs at 2.7#.

I'll try the other spring sets tomorrow.

Pat

Very interesting!

The Hipertouch website directions state that the blue toggle springs will provide an approximate trigger pull weight of 3.8#, the yellow springs at 3.5# and the natural springs at 2.7#.

I'll try the other spring sets tomorrow.

Pat

have you had the chance to play with the different springs yet?

I have.

Using my Lyman electronic trigger gauge:

Blue springs (.026" wire) 3.8# trigger pull

Yellow springs (.030" wire) 3.4# trigger pull

Natural springs (.035" wire) 2.2# trigger pull

Given this, both Bill and Jason are correct. I was basing my opinion on the approximate trigger pull weight for the 3 sets of springs, thus using the natural colored springs and assuming that they were the lightest spring.

Either way I am happy with the 2 24C triggers I have in my builds.

Pat

Edited by Pat Miles

How is the quality? Is it up to par with Geissele?

I think the quality is as good as anything out there. I have two of the C models and they are excellent. There is an extensive/many page thread on these triggers, I don't know how to post a link, but search "Hiperfire" and you should find it.

How smooth is it? One of the things I really liked about the Geissele S3G is that it's about as smooth as glass with a really crisp feeling reset. Would the quality be about the same with the Hiperfire? How might it specifically compare to the Super 3 Gun? Would it be worth swapping it over?

I like the 24C better than the S3G. My buddy has the S3G and I used his rifle for 2 matches while mine was being built. I went with the 24C and don't regret it. The S3G was nice, but I prefer a single stage trigger. The 24C seems to have less take up and a shorter reset as well.

Ar Gold has a lighter break, but reset on it is terrible. Really mushy and not positive. Ar gold is probably a little shorter pull from at rest to the break.

That's what I've been looking for, thanks

Hiperfire is crisp with light pull and positive reset. I used ar gold and was not happy with reset. Worst thing was I tried to get ahold of them and they dont even list phone number on webpage. Hiperfire is huge supporter of the sport and has donated to many prize tables.

Me must be missing something. When did having a super positive reset on trigger help you shoot better groups or shoot faster?

I'm not trying to bash on hyper fire here. I'd LOVE to try one long term in my rifle but the one or two that I've tried in dry fire at matches didn't make me sell my AR Golds or JP triggers to buy one.

Ps it's great seeing these guys diving head first into our game. Their support is much appreciated.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Me must be missing something. When did having a super positive reset on trigger help you shoot better groups or shoot faster?

I'm not trying to bash on hyper fire here. I'd LOVE to try one long term in my rifle but the one or two that I've tried in dry fire at matches didn't make me sell my AR Golds or JP triggers to buy one.

Ps it's great seeing these guys diving head first into our game. Their support is much appreciated.

They made me sell mine and start buying Hiperfire replacements. Two down and a few more to buy for sure. The break helps in group shooting and the reset helps with sped shooting. Once you get a bit quicker on the trigger it helps. It'll come with practice, or maybe when you get a decent trigger. Believe it or not that goofy looking pad even helps with accuracy. The finger placment is consistent. I've only shot one match with them that had any distance but the 420 yard targets were hit first round. Seems accurate enough to me. Edited by Chuck Anderson

I

They made me sell mine and start buying Hiperfire replacements. Two down and a few more to buy for sure. The break helps in group shooting and the reset helps with sped shooting. Once you get a bit quicker on the trigger it helps. It'll come with practice, or maybe when you get a decent trigger. Believe it or not that goofy looking pad even helps with accuracy. The finger placment is consistent. I've only shot one match with them that had any distance but the 420 yard targets were hit first round. Seems accurate enough to me.

I agree with a light break helping shoot groups but a short reset not a hard reset helps with speed. Unless you've found something I'm not aware of? Maybe the old mil spec ick you can pick up with the timer was actually a good thing?