Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

premature slidelock on last round

stardust tommy

I've build a custom open 9mm major and tested a couple of 100 rounds with vv N340 and had no problems. (gun functions with 4.4 - 6.2 gr 125gr bullet)

now I bought N350 and the slide lock's back with the last round in the mag...

I have a Wilson buffer so the "sling shot" method is not possible

the STI slide catch has no detent

I don't see any marks of bullets hitting the slidestop.

are there simple solution? I wan't my slide locking back after the last round, I'm not an IPSC shooter

gr T

Sounds like your recoil spring is too long causing spring bind. Is it possible the abrupt stopping of the slide is causing the last bullet to bouce into the slide stop and not before because of the extra weigh of the other rounds? How about replacing the mag spring preventing the last round from bouncing up in the mag?

Edited by kmca

I've build a custom open 9mm major and tested a couple of 100 rounds with vv N340 and had no problems. (gun functions with 4.4 - 6.2 gr 125gr bullet)

now I bought N350 and the slide lock's back with the last round in the mag...

I have a Wilson buffer so the "sling shot" method is not possible

the STI slide catch has no detent

I don't see any marks of bullets hitting the slidestop.

are there simple solution? I wan't my slide locking back after the last round, I'm not an IPSC shooter

gr T

Is it with a specific magazine?

Note the angle/height of the bullet at the top of the magazine. If the bullet is a little up (feed lips a shade wide) it let's the follower rise higher in the magazine and bump the slide stop with a round still in.

Also: when gripping, sometimes people get "under" the bottom of the mag and push it up so same effect can happen.

• 2 weeks later...