Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is 627 V-Comp good choice for USPSA

3gunyotehtr

Personal choice and what works for you. I'd like the lighter weight of a slab side barrel over a VComp. With that said I've been shooting my VComp without the comp since 1st of the year. I also find the front sight on the VComp really easy to see.

The v-comp barrel has the advantage of more muzzle weight to reduce muzzle flip from recoil, but it is also a little heavier than the regular 627 barrel making it feel a little slower when you have to swing the gun to the next target quickly like on steel. It is a matter of preference.

The V-Comp is a cool gun, I wouldn't think twice about running it in USPSA. Like others said, you need to put on the blank cap, no comp allowed, and you might find it a little front heavy but that'll be good for absorbing recoil.

The V-Comp is perfect if you don't mind the extra weight. You don't even feel it after shooting it for months on end and practicing with it.

I switched it out for a 6.5" barrel once but hated it and quickly went back to the 5 inch V-Comp. I liked the way it held steady on targets and was easier to sight with.

Sooooo, I'm also running the V Comp and a C-More red dot.That would put me in USPSA "open" class rather than revolver class (no "open" class in USPSA revolver class.?).... (That's my interpretation)..Explain, if I'm wrong???..best thing I've learned about the 627's, so far... DON'T buy the cheapo moon clips.

Edited by mike NM

Make sure you use blue loc-tite to tighten down the retaining bolt that holds the blank/comp end in. They can come loose and the bullet will touch it and your accuracy will go out the window.

Unlike an auto which has the mass of the slide slamming shut, I've never noticed much downside to a bit extra weight in the barrel of a Revo. With an auto you will see a dipping if the front is too heavy and/or springs are too heavy. With a Revo the extra weight doesn't have that effect.

Use it and enjoy.

MikeNM YES, Revo in USPSA allows not Comps or Optics, swap both out and hit the range. You can use it as is for ICORE Open, USPSA Open (not competitive), or NRA AP Open.

Edited by pskys2

Sooooo, I'm also running the V Comp and a C-More red dot.That would put me in USPSA "open" class rather than revolver class (no "open" class in USPSA revolver class.?).... (That's my interpretation)..Explain, if I'm wrong???..best thing I've learned about the 627's, so far... DON'T buy the cheapo moon clips.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Vindication!!!!!!!!!!!!