Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

HDC_2014_Logometric_zpsc799c8fa.jpg

Its the 10th anniversary of the High Desert Classic and its going to be a good one! October 2-5 with RO's shooting 2nd and 3rd. Expecting good weather and balloons! We will be using the Practiscore match registration system which allows the use of credit card payments and simplifies match registration and squadding.

When: October 2-5

Where: Shooting Range Park, Albuquerque, NM

Registration will be available starting 2-15-14 here: https://clubs.practiscore.com/2014-high-desert-classic/register

More information including match hotels and information on the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta coming shortly!

See you on the range!

Edited by ctay

• 4 weeks later...

When I attend this match I usually stay at one of the hotels off of I-40 and Coors road. I booked my hotel for this match and pretty much all of the hotels in this area were still at their "Normal" price. The Balloon Festival doesn't seem to be affecting the prices of the hotels in that location. At least not yet. I would suggest that you book your hotel sooner than later though because there will be a limited supply of rooms due to a bunch of people attending the Balloon Festival.

• 3 months later...

We have the stages all done and approved - we will start posting them a little closer to the match and promote the sponsor with the stage they sponsored.

If you haven't booked your hotel yet I would highly recommend that you do it now. We don't have a match hotel because we weren't able to negotiate any better rate than you could get with any of the online hotel sites. The range in on the west side of Albuquerque and you want a hotel on the west or south side of Albuquerque to avoid the Balloon Fiesta Traffic (can be a nightmare!).

I'll be sending out a mass email soon with more details.

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to add 11 people off the waitlist today! If you are on the waitlist please check your email for your link to pay and squad. I expect we will be able to accommodate everyone on the waitlist in the match!

I just got the acceptance email for the match - I'm very excited as this will be my first travelling match. Any veterans of this event care to exchange PM's to discuss some logistics?

• 1 month later...