Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Maintenance

Smitty79

I see lots of posts about how to do maintenance on CZ's. I don't see a lot on when.

I shoot 150 to 250 rounds per range trip and I do a very basic clean every 2 to 3 trips. This includes a field strip, Ballistol sprayed bore snake through the barrel, then a couple patches, and wipe down of internals with some Ballistol and rags/pipe cleaners. If it's warm out, a little grease on the rails that is almost wiped clean.

What else? The standard recommendation for Glocks is a detailed strip, clean and respring at 6k rounds. Is that right for our CZ's? I saw a post on removing the firing pin? Is that something that needs to be done more frequently than resprining?

I replace my recoil springs every 3k rounds because i run light springs that i dont entirely trust since i run my guns fairly hot. Heat is the ultimate enemy of metal and will cause fatigue faster than simply cycling the spring.

I replace my trigger springs every 10k simply because i want to.

I replace my hammer springs every 5-10k depending on how light the trigger starts to feel.

Other than that...i shoot the shit out of the guns and add oil every chance i get.

Edited by Magsz

Pulling the extractor and cleaning behind it is a good idea too, maybe a few times a year depending on how much you shoot.

I don't ever clean the inside of my barrels. Maybe I would if I shot lead, but I don't with moly coated or jacketed bullets

After every range trip I pull the slide and wipe down the internals then oil and reassemble. Takes maybe 5 minutes total and I find that I can keep things smoother. About once a month so maybe every 1K I perform a full detail strip and clean the barrel.

For springs I do the following:

5K - recoil, hammer, main spring

10K - do all of the springs including the mag springs

I more or less follow the same schedule in all of my steel guns including CZs & 1911s. Depending on if I am switching guns a lot I get about 10K down my main competition gun every year.