Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Groundhogs

Youngeyes

Absolutely no "politics" were intended in this topic, best I can tell. And certainly not with MY post. I just happen to think the Groundhog Day thing is getting pretty silly and meaningless.

On the other hand, we have a whole roster of animals that pick the Super Bowl winner (or loser) each year. Go figure.

You guys are nuts, hating the groundhog. 6 more weeks of winter? I'll take it! Especially if it means 6 weeks less of the oppressive heat and humidity of Florida....besides, how bad can 6 more weeks be? Couple of nights down into the 40's maybe..other than that, some 70 degree days, and 50 degree nights...

You guys are nuts, hating the groundhog. 6 more weeks of winter? I'll take it! Especially if it means 6 weeks less of the oppressive heat and humidity of Florida....besides, how bad can 6 more weeks be? Couple of nights down into the 40's maybe..other than that, some 70 degree days, and 50 degree nights...

Having fun??? Wish you were here!!!

Don't be hatin'....

Don't be hatin'....

Well what the heck Grumpy, it's a hate forum. Besides, my possum didn't see his shadow. That means winter's about done here and Florida hurricane season just got extended by six weeks. :devil:

Edited by Youngeyes

A ladyfriend of mine moved from here in Eugene ("to get away from the rain") to Florida a few years back, where it rains more than here (we haven't had much rain for three years!), where they have the constant threat of hurricanes (we never have that kind of thing--ever), where the humidity will suffocate you (not a problem here), and where the real estate market is flatter than a pancake (it's back to booming here in Eugene). I don't think she got the deal down there that she expected. Mostly I think it rains more in her part of Florida than it EVER did in this part of Oregon. But she never would admit it. :rolleyes:

My birthday is on Ground Hogs day. I've heard every possible stupid a## ground hog joke a hundred times. If I'd ever get my hands on one, I'd probably strangle it with my bare hands. And to all the PETA types, JK!!

• 11 months later...

Absolutely no "politics" were intended in this topic, best I can tell. And certainly not with MY post. I just happen to think the Groundhog Day thing is getting pretty silly and meaningless.

On the other hand, we have a whole roster of animals that pick the Super Bowl winner (or loser) each year. Go figure.

Silly? You think it's silly? Last year Puxatawny Phil saw his shadow... ON AN OVERCAST DAY! Not silly at all, says I.

Bump for a good yearly hate thread. I still hate those vermin! He won't see his shadow anyway. We've got a snow storm coming on that day. :devil:

PS

Happy Birthday Marv Z :roflol:

That's great!!!! Thanks!!!!!