Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 1911 vs CZ for ESP

I'm wanting to build an ESP gun and I've narrowed it to a 9mm 1911(Spartan up to DW PM9) or a CZ(probably a 75b SA, but a 75 shadow if I can get one). My hesitation on the 9mm 1911 is that I've never shot one. Wondering how it would compare to my Shadow Custom.

Go with Shadow. You know the platform you already have spare parts, you can use same load if you are reloading and it's less tricky to work 100%.

I had a Spartan and I have Tanfoglio for ESP, and the only advantage of the 1911 is that you don't have to count when loading rounds into magazines. I've used Dawson and Metalform mags and the gun ran 100%.

I am shooting 99% of the time IPSC and switching to completely different platform for IDPA droped my performance, especily because I'am doing one practice before going to IDPA match.

I would stay with the same platform. Maybe even the same model gun. Never understood the need for magwells on double stack guns.

Lol ever used one? I can grip my 1991s and limited guns better because the magwell locks my grip in.

If your gonna go SA only in 9mm the CZ will be less hassle. My 9mm 1911s are awesome shooters but have to be maintained

• 2 weeks later...