Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Build...... IT HAS BEGUN!

WidowsSon683

So I just got my frame and SS grip from PT. Damn its pretty. As soon as my tax money gets in I'm getting the rest of the components required. Im going with a tri top slide and KKM bull barrel. The gun itself is going to be the blackest black that ever blacked and all the controls(grip and thumb safety, slide stop, SVI trigger, hammer and mag release) are going to be blue to match my base pads. More details and pics as the build comes along. Now I just need to try a couple different trigger styles to see what I like. Also the grip texture is a lot angrier than it looks in the picture. The plan is to debut her on my birthday at Double Tap.

post-45434-0-81242600-1391484019_thumb.j

Edited by WidowsSon683

I'm just curious, there appears to be a gap between the mag well and the bottom front of the grip. Is that meant to be there or was the mag well not fully seated on the grip?

There is no magwell on that grip. The bottom of the grip is cut to accept the poplular mag wells. I believe you might be seeing the small "step" where the grip transitions from the textured area to the smooth area on which the magwell will mount.

Im thinking i should have went with the smooth grip and some epoxy grit. Even the standard almost rubs my hand raw. I'll either work up some wicked calouses or i wont have any fingerprints.

Edited by WidowsSon683

Holy crap, that one just looks painful!!! After holding the standard texture, I think it will be juuuuussstttt fine. And after handling the one called "Brian's Pea Shooter" (okay, get your minds out of the gutter - pics on the Lone Star Innovations vendor page), the standard texture on a polished grip feel good and grippy.

So heres a list of things i need to complete my build. Let me know if i missed anything:

grip check

frame check

slide

barrel

trigger

mag release

thumb safety

grip safety

slide stop

hammer

sear

disconnector