Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cops secret training

3djedi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume privacy has more to do with liability. Not super secret ninja training...

I'm sure there is some low end lawyer who would show up to a LEO involved justified shooting civil case with a well edited video of the officer shooting while training, opening with how great of a shooter the law enforcement officer is, just look at him shoot. Then I could see the lawyer trying to argue how his clients should be awarded civil damages because the officer shot their turd ball relative dead rather than just shoot him in the leg or something.... And the municipality or employing agency would settle out of court, which would only encourage a market for other lawyers to do the same.

Its not that far fetched... When I went thru the police academy last year, they didn't even record qualification scores for the shooting portion. It was either pass/fail. For that very reason, liability... (so you scored 99 out of 100 in the police academy, why couldn't you have just shot poor bad guy in the leg... You didn't have to kill him for pulling that knife on you...)