Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Crossfire II 1-4

I've been looking at these for my 16" carbine to replace a Weaver 1-3x. It's a duplex style crosshair recticle like the Weaver but a larger 30mm tube.

Since it does not have any subtensions, it might be good up to 200 yards unless you are good at figuring your hold over.

They must be hard to find. Midway still has them out of stock and overdue.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I've been looking at these for my 16" carbine to replace a Weaver 1-3x. It's a duplex style crosshair recticle like the Weaver but a larger 30mm tube.

Since it does not have any subtensions, it might be good up to 200 yards unless you are good at figuring your hold over.

Bill

SWFA had them in stock when I looked this morning.

Bill

SWFA had them in stock when I looked this morning.

I'd been watching them at MidwayUSA who listed them as 30mm scopes. Since its a 1" tube, probably not much better than the Weaver.

I have a 6-18x Crossfire II that has nice clear glass but also comes in a 1" tube. Good on a nice clear day but add a few clouds to the mix and its a little too dark for these old eyes.

Also noticed some places have MTAC's at $315 which would be much better for 3 gun.

I just read on another forum from a Vortex dealer that the CF2 isnt a true 1x. Plus I found out that Whittaker's Guns in Owensboro Ky has Vortex Viper PST 1-4's for $390. Thats the best price I've seen anywhere.

• 2 months later...

I like it. Got if off Amazon for a skosh under $200 shipped. Sure, it isn't a PST or Razor, but it works well and the glass is pretty reasonable. Illumination is 'daylight glowy' but not like you are shooting an aimpoint. Allowed me to get in the game at least :) I'll use it this 'season' and see how it holds up. I know Vortex will fix it if it breaks, so I'm not to worried about that. Now if it would only improve my pistol shooting on the damned spinner...