Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 Edge Trigger

islandracing

Just thought I would pass along some information. I purchased a gen 3 Glock 35 and installed a Glocktriggers.com Edge trigger from Dawson. The kit comes with two striker springs a 4.0 and a 4.5. I installed the 4.0. Trigger pull was very nice for a Glock. Fired 100 rounds with a bunch of light strikes. Basically what I found was that this trigger with the 4.0 or the 4.5 spring installed will not consistantly ignite Winchester Small Pistol Primers. Switched to Federal and solved the problem. Fired 500 rounds with no falures. My powder is Solo 1000.

I had some light strikes (about 2 out of 300 rounds) with cci small pistol primers and the 4.0 spring. I changed to the 4.5 spring and have not had an issue with about 700 more rounds fired.

edit: I am running a Zev extended striker in the gun too.

Edited by darkvibe

I had the same problem until I installed a light weight striker with the extended firing pin. I can run a 4lb spring now with 100% reliability with CCI, WW or Federal. jager, GlockWorx, LWD has the skeletonized extended tip strikers and Johnny Glock is soon to come out with a standard weight polished extended striker that give you more mass with the firing pin extended. If you are wanting the lighter trigger pull afforded by the 4 and 4.5 striker springs and extended striker is almost a must.

CCI primers need to be firmly seated into the primer pocket on each round even with an extended striker. If you do not seat them with malice even with a aftermarket striker they can cause what appears to be a light strike and will take another attempt to get them to go bang after the firing pin seats them on the apparent light strike the first time. If you can fire a number of rounds and they all ignite properly with one or two that don't, you can bet you lost your concentration when priming those rounds and didn't fully send them home in the primer pocket.

Edited by bowenbuilt