Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger pull changed on STI Edge

Tubguy

I have a STI Edge 2011 40SW. I have owned the gun for 3 months. I bought it to shoot USPSA limited. I've been dry firing 100x's a day with no mag.

So today I decide that I should have a full mag in the gun for the increased weight. Loaded up 20 rounds NO PRIMERS OR POWDER. First thing I noticed besides the additional weight was the trigger pull weight changed. No mag 10 pull average 4# 3.7

With full mag installed in gun 10 pull average 6# 1.0

Is this normal?

And be careful just trying to bend it out in the garage. Bent too much in the wrong places it can actually pull the trigger when you insert a mag. Saw that happen on an indoor range and it's quite an eye opener to how these things work.

I was going to say check all your grip frame screws but since you have it narrowed down to one magazine, probably wouldn't hurt anyway. When we push the capacity on our mags they can really expand more than you think make sure it's not cracked. It usually takes filing and sanding on the trigger bow to get more clearance and that can be a frustrating tricky job.

I agree. The most common problem will be a out of spec mag, a little to wide. Polish the bow before you do any bending first. If the grip has been removed, make sure it is square when it has been re-installed.

Tommy Roupe

same problem here. it is with a single 125mm mag and occurs with or without rounds. the sensation is really strange...almost as the same weird feeling you get when the sear leg of the sear spring gets stuck under the trigger bar.

there were no obvious anomalies with the single mag's width. checking OAL now and will get back to you.