Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Run Stock Glocks?

Bart Solo

The sights have to go. Besides that the stock Glock is very shootable. IF YOU PUT A TON OF ROUNDS THROUGH IT. That loosens up the trigger. Before that the trigger is a little bit of a challenge. Not horrible. Just not what I want. My G34 is not stock, my G19 only has the sights changed.

I have a G23 with a 3.5# connector and glockworx spring kit and love it. I will probably do some mods to my G17 that are production legal. I've never had a problem with the sights, but I've never shot them in competition either. I suspect I will end up changing the G17 sights.

I ran a stock Glock yesterday. My god what a nightmare. I've been shooting Limited since I started in 2011, and needed a pistol for Run 'n Gun events (running/walking many miles with a rifle and pistol, through natural terrain and county roads, with stages interspersed throughout the course). Picked up a LEO-trade-in G22 from Summit. Seemed like I may as well give a shot at Production, so I did.

The trigger must have been 6-7 lbs, and miles long. The sights! Oh the sights. What trash. I shot tons of Alphas but had horrible trouble with full-size poppers steel at 25 yards. Part of the problem could have been the cold, as the whole match took place below freezing yesterday. But even at that, I could feel my fingers on most of the stages, as far as I can remember.

I normally run a STI Edge in Limited. My Production stage times were probably 50-60% longer. My mag changes were largely great, but some weren't and cost me some time, but the amount of time I had to spend really FOCUSING on the sights was incredible! Part of that was probably working the shabby trigger.

As soon as I got home I put in a 2 lbs connecter, polished up the goods, installed a 15 lbs recoil spring, ordered sights and a FLGR. I will also be relieving the area near the mag release. My thumbs are very curved, and I have trouble with the stock Glock mag release setup.

Apparantly, sometimes it is the arrow and not the Indian.

I've added stuff to mine, mostly because I like tinkering.