Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL 650 Powder Check

After taking a few months off from reloading, today was designated to work up some new loads to chrono. After working the charge up I put the powder check rod back into the die to adjust for the new load and found that I had no sound to indicate an over charge or under charge. Figured it was time for a new battery so took the powder charge apart and put the new battery in and found that it would not beep consistently. Sometimes it would beep, sometimes it would not. Sometimes it was a faint beep and sometimes it was a normal strong sounding beep. It seems like there may be an issue with the switch inside of the case.

Has anyone seen anything like this on their press? Any ideas as to what the issue might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dillon Update - sent Dillon Tech Support an e-mail this past Sunday on this issue and never got a reply - BUT - today in the mail I got an envelope with all of the guts to change out. I am Solid Blue . Thanks Dillon for the great press and the great service :)