Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger return spring

blueorb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Appendix D4, 21.6 (Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components) should do it.

"Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts..."

Corey do you mind pouring me to the rule change? Not that I doubt you, it's just that "trust but verify" is my montra on rules.

How can you tell if you have the slave or "easy-to-remove" trigger pin? I bought my Shadow through Automatic Accuracy.

Can someone provide a link to the better trigger return springs? and the improved trigger pins...

The floating pin is from Cajun Gun Works.

I have a reduced TRS coming from them too, I don't know if it's better or not but I'll be giving it a try here as soon as I get it.

Cajungunworks.com

Then I believe it's CZCustom that has the factory part, both versions of it.

CzCustom.com

My SP01 Shadow came from CZC and it's been nothing but awesome. Now I'm trying some parts from CGW. Both places have pretty stellar reputations.

I received my new SP-01 Shadow Custom from CZ Custom two months ago. I changed the TRS to the lightened CGW version. The DA pull is noticeably lighter which is great. As expected the reset is slightly mushier. Not enough to cause trigger freeze but it is clearly different from the stock spring.

Lester

How can you tell if you have the slave or "easy-to-remove" trigger pin? I bought my Shadow through Automatic Accuracy.

Can someone provide a link to the better trigger return springs? and the improved trigger pins...

The floating pin is from Cajun Gun Works.

I have a reduced TRS coming from them too, I don't know if it's better or not but I'll be giving it a try here as soon as I get it.

Cajungunworks.com

Then I believe it's CZCustom that has the factory part, both versions of it.

CzCustom.com

My SP01 Shadow came from CZC and it's been nothing but awesome. Now I'm trying some parts from CGW. Both places have pretty stellar reputations.

That's about what I'm expecting from the reduced TRS SpankYa. I tend to slap the trigger rather than ride the reset so I'm really hoping the mushier reset doesn't totally change my feel on the gun. I'm trying the spring, along with more dry fire this month, because for the first time ever the other weekend the DA pull caught me unaware, I yanked a shot to hard cover on the draw :(

On the bright side I totally called it and made it up faster than I ever thought I was capable of, was an alpha hit too!

I have to think a smaller diameter wire is the way to go. For a given displacement (in bending) the smaller diameter will have a lower stress, all else being equal. Lower stress = longer fatigue life, assuming the material is the same.

Right. But we've got an enforced displacement problem here, to some degree. The trigger has to go all the way to the rear to fire the shot and eventually all the way back. The trigger spring has to therefore go through the sane range of motion.

I see your point. I just don't see how making something smaller will make it stronger if given the same type of materials to make that something. I do see one being easier to flex than the other though. I don't know I just think if people used the box stock part, the part you could get from CZusa if you wanted to that it would last longer than a bent part or a smaller diameter wire. Like I said though I'm not up on my physics lol

I wondered how it's lighter also. I looked at the factory one and I see where bending it could make it press on the trigger less, but bending stuff just isn't my style. I guess if the light one breaks I put the stocker back in :) we all know it's the Indian not the arrow anyways. Is the lightened spring prone to breakage? Info on the longevity of the TRS is super inconsistent across the glorious world of the Internet.

The larger spring adds more weight to the trigger pull as well. I believe it's around .5 lbs, but you can verify that on the CGW site. The longevity of the spring has much more to do with the quality and type of metal used than with the diameter of the wire. If you have to replace it anyway, may as well use the lighter spring. Get a spare as well and don't forget the new trigger pin.

As far as the other rules about a backup gun, I have saved my butt and others' by taking my trusty 75b with me as a backup for my TS. I also second the rest of the advice. Don't go using weird fasteners. Murphy says the likelihood of breakage goes up in direct proportion to the scarcity of the tool needed. :) It's only cosmetic anyhow. A hex or star head doesn't hold the grips on better than a good ol' flat-headed screw!

Steel, that's exactly why I didn't bend the stocker. I haven't heard of trigger freeze being an issue with the CGW spring, but I guess that would largely depend on the shooter as well as the spring.

I just finished polishing some internal parts, first time, and I figure this spring is a logical next step in experimenting with the DA pull. I am amazed at what just a small amount of polishing did to the DA.

I'm slowly learning how this pistol works, after almost two years of use it's easy to spot where things rub. The area the hammer spring rides on the strut was pretty rough! One day I'll tackle the comp hammer or short reset...

Has anyone used the CGW floating trigger pin in a Tac Sport. I assume it will work, just wanted conformation.

Thanks,

Don't quote me but I think the TS is to wide there

I just measured my SP 01, and my TS. The pins are the same length. I will try one in a TS and let you guys know how it works.